Help!

Options
Hi all- just needing some support to stay on track. I'd like to lose 20-30lbs and would love any tips that have worked for you all. I'm 5'8" and always have been thin until I started having medical problems and started on some medications that caused weight gain. Any tips appreciated and please feel free to follow me and I will do the same for you!

Replies

• slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi Megleigh! Welcome to the forums. Friend request sent and I'd love to help keep you motivated.
  • aliciahollinger
    aliciahollinger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I would start with saying if the weight gain is related to medicine, maybe consult with your prescribing MD to see if they have any recommendation or restrictions for dealing with the side effect of weight gain. Otherwise, I have started googling healthy swaps for ingredients for recipes. Like plain greek yogurt for mayo and sour cream, turkey burger instead of ground beef, etc. Good luck!!
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi Megleigh79. Friends on here is a good start. I would suggest tracking everything you eat/drink. When I started I just tracked everything I put in my mouth for a few days, just to see how many calories I was really eating. Then I followed the calorie goals MFP set for me. You are welcome to send a friend request (anyone is welcome) and I will accept. My diary is open to friends to view. I don't restrict my eating except to try to stay in the calorie goal. B)

• Megleigh79
    Megleigh79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Support is probably my biggest hurtle. I've used this app off and on for awhile. I just don't want to become obsessive as I've had a history of anorexia in the past. Health is a big issue for me now. I think I will set up an appointment with a dietitian to get started somewhere!
  • Megleigh79
    Megleigh79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For some reason I can't friend some of you? Maybe something funky going on with the app? Could your request me as a friend @usflygirl55‌ and @aliciahollinger‌ ?
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    @Megleigh79‌ friend request sent. ;)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Start here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    A good food scale, weighing all your solid foods, sticking to your calorie deficit while not depriving yourself of things you enjoy is the best place to start.
  • aliciahollinger
    aliciahollinger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Megleigh79 wrote: »
    For some reason I can't friend some of you? Maybe something funky going on with the app? Could your request me as a friend @usflygirl55‌ and @aliciahollinger‌ ?

I just saw this, so request is sent. :-)