Family

Options
This is the 2nd time I have used this app and think it is absolutely wonderful. I really enjoy logging and tracking my progress. Just have a question, how to I get my husband on board. He wouldn't be one to use this app but really would like for him to start eating more healthy. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My husband's eating habits have improved dramatically since we met - he still loves junk food but he also enjoys a much wider variety of healthy options as well. Just find tasty, healthy recipes that the whole family enjoys and don't tell him that its good for him lol My husband is thin as a rail and couldn't gain weight to save his life (he's tried) but if yours is struggling with weight issues then just making simple day-to-day changes will help tremendously.
  • bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky that my husband eats whatever I prepare (except mushrooms lol) and we enjoy going to the gym together whenever we can. Is your husband a picky eater? Perhaps you could meal plan together on weekends (or whenever you're off together) so that he gets some input and you can suggest healthier substitutions?
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    bkerr30 wrote: »
    I'm lucky that my husband eats whatever I prepare (except mushrooms lol) and we enjoy going to the gym together whenever we can. Is your husband a picky eater? Perhaps you could meal plan together on weekends (or whenever you're off together) so that he gets some input and you can suggest healthier substitutions?

Oh my husband was horrible about veggies (especially tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach) but now he is always trying to steal sauteed mushrooms off of my plate and he voluntarily ate two large place of turkey and spinach salad today!! I still can't get him to eat fresh tomatoes but I still feel really good about it. His mom used to complain that she could never get him to eat his veggies but now steamed broccoli is one of his favorite side dishes.
  • meraki78
    meraki78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Extremely picky! Does not like fruits or veggies. He's more of a processed food and cheese guy (a lot of cheese). Thanks so much for your suggestions. I think I will ask him to pick a meal or 2 for the week and then include him in meal prep. I might even try mushrooms if it means he will eat a little better. Thanks again:)
  • bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    For fruits and veg try smoothies( add spinach and kale to bananas and other fruit and you can't taste it, i promise!) And extra lean ground chicken is an excellent substitute for ground beef, even my 9 yr old doesn't balk at it. I love cheese too, and find stronger flavoured cheeses you can use less of. Also goat cheese on pizza is less calories and fat and you use less of it. And its delicious :D
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    mandiRN1 wrote: »
    Extremely picky! Does not like fruits or veggies. He's more of a processed food and cheese guy (a lot of cheese).

Sounds like one of my family members. VERY choosy and a very limited diet (only likes certain foods certain ways).

• meraki78
    Options
    I'm going to have to be very creative! I am just starting again(day 3 tracking with the app) to be as healthy as I can be. Actually I should say healthy and HAPPY. I'm about 50-60lbs overweight and I so badly want to be successful and have the energy I used to have. I'm not looking to be a size 2, just feel better. It makes it even harder when your making 2 different meals one for me and one for him. My kids who are all teenagers, believe it or not will eat what I make thankfully!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Good advice here! Mine still eats cr@p when he's out and about. But he eats whatever I fix. He enjoys hunting ingredients that are different and new to him. This last month its been ube's and purple yam's. He's even bought "seeds" to star growing them.

I think if you set an example he'll follow along.
  • meraki78
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your advice :)