New to site

Options
:flowerforyou: I am new to this site, basically joined at the request of a friend. I also joined, for my hubby who just turned 50 and is overweight. I am 50 also, having an extremely hard time taking off any weight, even though I exercise! Since I started logging in my food though, I think twice about eating something.
Any suggestions on lunch to pack for work. Also, do you think my age has something to do with not taking off the pounds at all. Thanks

Replies

• jenniepowell
    Options
    I feel the same too - deffo harder to loose the pounds when your getting older.

I exercise 5 days a week and horse ride - my problem was the amount of wine i drank and I didn't eat enough.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hello there
    I am only 49.5 years of age, so not sure I can speak for "older" people, such as yourself (only kidding). Anyway what I do for lunch is very simple (but I am content with similar lunches for the week). I prepare all my lunches for the week, sometimes 7 days at the same time (often chicken breast, with a tonne of cooked veggies cooked separately from frozen, then I add whatever spices I want). This allows me to calculate and enter the calories (as well as protein, carbs, fats, etc) for the entire week in one go, it only takes about 40 minutes from start to finish to prepare enough for the week and I am all set, not tempted by poor choices and can adjust my dinners accordingly. I like the predictability and ease. Just heat it up at work and good to go, no morning rush either.
    As far as your age is concerned, yes it is harder but we are also smarter and make better choices. Of course that my all change for me once I turn 50:)
  • jagianotti
    jagianotti Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks! Good idea, making them all on Sunday, will try to do that.....as for turning 50, do what my husband did: The Year of Jim. He basically did a few things he's been meaning to do and never got around to. He fishes more too!
  • skorpion13
    skorpion13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged early on. If you stick to your "basic" calories and your normal exercise, I guarantee the weight will follow. The biggest thing I find is that it helps you to keep track of what you eat but don't stress out about it!!

Good Luck!!

K
  • jagianotti
    jagianotti Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks K, but do you find you go over your protien points alot, two days in a row I have..
  • skorpion13
    skorpion13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do but I hit the weights pretty hard every other day, so I need the extra protein to re-build muscle. Lean protein should be ok if you exercise enough. Be careful of the fats and sugars the MOST!