Night Shift 10pm - 7 am.

Options
Since breakfast lunch and dinner doesn't really apply to a night shifter, should I have it entered as hours of the day instead? What hours do you think would be most appropriate for my schedule? And the clock resets at 12 am... should I set it to some other time to make it not look like I'm eating one day and skipping the next?

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    You can do it however you want. you can simply have 6 blank meals and enter food during your waking hours and go by the 24hr clock, or you can designate waking hours as a day. As long as you meet your weekly goal then it doesn't matter what you eat on a daily basis.
  • Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would personally just log everything you eat that day, no matter your schedule. If you eat between 10pm-12am then log it for that day but anything after 12am can be for the next day. Might get confusing otherwise. Especially if you're eating during the other hours.
  • Cheriesaurus
    Options
    Could do hours, or meal 1, meal 2, meal 3 (10pm-12am) or something like that.
  • fivelongmiles
    fivelongmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have mine split up as "carbs", "protein", "fruit & veg" and "everything else". I'm functioning on different hours nearly every day and I don't always eat the same number of meals, so rather than meals I have categories so I can see at a glance what sorts of things I've been eating so far that day. As well as being more convenient for me for logging, it works for me to see it all laid out like that - seeing an empty "fruit & veg" category can be the kick I need to have some vegetables instead of chocolate ;)
  • Cheriesaurus
    Options
    turkfox wrote: »
    I have mine split up as "carbs", "protein", "fruit & veg" and "everything else". I'm functioning on different hours nearly every day and I don't always eat the same number of meals, so rather than meals I have categories so I can see at a glance what sorts of things I've been eating so far that day. As well as being more convenient for me for logging, it works for me to see it all laid out like that - seeing an empty "fruit & veg" category can be the kick I need to have some vegetables instead of chocolate ;)

This is actually..a really awesome idea lol
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have mine set up ranging from the earliest I get up (4am), to the latest I stay up (12am). whatever makes YOU happy is what you should do. :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    goatse911 wrote: »
    Since breakfast lunch and dinner doesn't really apply to a night shifter, should I have it entered as hours of the day instead? What hours do you think would be most appropriate for my schedule? And the clock resets at 12 am... should I set it to some other time to make it not look like I'm eating one day and skipping the next?

I label my meals as breakfast lunch and dinner and adjust to what time I consider morning lol. I track midnight to midnight regardless if I'm working or not to keep things simple.
  • fivelongmiles
    fivelongmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    turkfox wrote: »

This is actually..a really awesome idea lol
    I borrowed it from someone else on here ages ago ;)

Forgot to add, to the OP - although my hours change a bit, I'm almost always up until 4/5am my time. I've changed the timezone in my profile so that it doesn't tick over to midnight until my bedtime. Maybe you could mess around with the timezone until it matches your usual bedtime?