Full body workout advise needed!!

Options
Id love to get some advise for exercising at home. Help !!!!!!

Replies

• diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I use an elliptical and dumbbells, but that costs significant money. My wife liked P90X until she developed Guillain-Barre's syndrome and is limited in her exercise. I found a website the other day with 50 do at home exercises just using your body weight.

http://greatist.com/fitness/50-bodyweight-exercises-you-can-do-anywhere

Half the exercises are ho-hum, but half are real killers. The only cost is your time and energy and if you can work up to doing them all you could have competed with Bruce Lee.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Google stronglifts. It is a 5 by 5 weight lifting program (five different compound movements, five sets of each, five receptions for each set). This program is a full body strength building program. Mixed with moderate cardio (e.g., walking, light biking) and you’ll have all you need.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Dianne, a good first step is to define your budget or available equipment. There are reasonable programs utilizing bodyweight, dumbbells, kettlebells, or barbells (stronglifts).

A key question when you find something you like--what's next? To make progress, you generally have to keep increasing the intensity. Weights make that easy!
  • roddi7997
    roddi7997 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    check out fitness blender.com. its a free site and has a lot of different levels of workouts, many don't require any equipment at all.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    roddi7997 wrote: »
    check out fitness blender.com. its a free site and has a lot of different levels of workouts, many don't require any equipment at all.

This. You can also find it on YouTube. While you're on YouTube check out Be Fit, they have a lot of workout videos, including Jillian Michaels.

• bdgillam
    bdgillam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you want low impact high intensity body weight exercises that you can do at home in 15 minutes or less, check out Zuzkalight.com.
  • diannehing7
    diannehing7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the advise I'll be sure to check them out to see what works best.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    In addition to one of the aforementioned cardio options, you might try yoga. I just started, and it is a killer full body strength workout, and increases flexibility. There are a plethora of videos and apps to guide one thorough it.