Starting a new way of life....hopefully

Hi there. Just joined MFP a few days ago. I'm trying to lose 85 pounds. I had lost 65 a few years back as the result of a really controlling and abusive relationship. I made it out, but put back all of the weight plus about 20 pounds. I managed to lose about 30 of that, then quit smoking....yeah....gained 40 back. So, now that my lungs like me a bit better, I'm trying to get this weight off. I just feel like I'm more out of shape now than I was when I smoked. I'm trying to not focus on the end goal, but just try to keep within my calories and exercise goals each day, one day at a time, and worry about what tomorrow brings...tomorrow

Replies

• cyncmt
    cyncmt Posts: 17 Member
    yes its hard when you keep stumbling and life throws you more curve balls.

it helps having everyone in your life on-board with your decision to better your life.
    having friends that instead of going out for drinks you go out for a walk.
    finding restaurants that are "diet" friendly to ease the transition of normality
    modifying favorite recipes to have less calories

plus a vast aray of people to use as a sounding board and advice column( whether good or bad advice is a judgment call) can be found here

we all have our stories and most of us are here for the same reason-bettering our lives
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Best of success this time around. It has been a long learning curve for me and I am glad to see you are going to address your health concerns while you are young unlike myself.
  • Just take it one say at a time. Remember we didn't gain the weight overnight and it takes time and patients. It's a marathon not a sprint.
  • Hi, you sound a lot like me. I've had my ups and downs as well. I also quit smoking and gained weight. I recently started Insanity, and it is Hard!!! But it's what I need! Add me if you'd like!