If I manage to avoid __________, I can stay on track with eating.

Options

Replies

• lilbea89
    lilbea89 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Booze. It never fails I'm like "I'll get two drinks tonight" and I even pre log them so its planned. I go out and get my two drinks and then bam! Still thirsty need two more! By the end of the night I'm like "whats MFP again?" Argh!
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Chocolate hobnobs. Any form of chocolate. Day 14 of no chocolate. I haven't eaten any cause I'm far too scared that I cannot control my self and just eat *one*
    Two weeks in and almost 6lb down! :)
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    "Excess Calories" is the right answer in all situations, for all people.

Please don't speak for me.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    If I manage to avoid going out of town, I can stay on track. Going out of town is bittersweet to me. I love getting away from work and being with my family and all that… but not having total control over my food and not having my food scale always throws me off! The eating goes haywire and my body hates being out of routine so it hangs on to weight. That being said… I've always managed to get right back on track afterwards, so it's never caused a real problem for me.
  • TheEats
    TheEats Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    There is no single food for me. I love all things chocolate, but I have decided to make it part of my diet and it seems to work. If I want to waste 500 calories on 100 grams, I go ahead.

However... Digestive caramel biscuits... If I buy those, I better make sure I am ready to log the whole pack... ;)
  • gongol07
    gongol07 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »
    alcohol!

After I start drinking, I'll eat chips and whatever else is handy. Heaven forbid I'm at a bar, then I start eating bar food.

Yep, me too. Even if I have accounted for the calories for what I want to drink, a couple of beers and I am reaching for the crisps.

Also, peanut butter. I kid myself that I have only had a teaspoon but in actual fact I have dipped in that jar so much, it's probably more like 5 tablespoons. Just can't have it in the house!
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Weed. And booze.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    stressing out
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    thumb_potatoes.gif

I love all potatoes...Chips are public enemy # 1 for me, but if it has "potato" in it, beam me up. 99% of the time I skip fries as well if I am out. If I am out for breakfast which is once in a while and they have the shredded hashbrowns, I am getting them, lol.

I have not quit potato chips. I tell myself I am on a potato chip break. Translation, not allowed to buy the PARTY SIZE bag of Lays because I will eat the entire bag day in less than a day.
  • BobbiTracey
    Options
    Chips and dip! I used to sit there with a whole packet and look down and it's all gone. I missed them like crazy when I first started but now I am glad to be rid of them!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Weed. And booze.

laughs!!
  • bunnypy
    bunnypy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Continuing to eat when I'm full
  • dimeda78
    dimeda78 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Candy bars. I could get into a rut where I have one everyday. So far, this month, I've had only 3 single portion pieces (2 from a candy assortment box and 1/2 of 1 big cup Resees). The best thing is, I don't really crave them like I have been known to. If I do, I have that small portion and keep it moving.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    LeenaGee wrote: »
    "Excess Calories" is the right answer in all situations, for all people.

Please don't speak for me.

(Back again, because I needed time to think what to write.) I was watching a show today and some famous comedian who had lost a lot of weight and was now running marathons said "Animals don't eat sugar" and he is right. Show me where in nature, animals eat sugar and I don't mean fruit.

Lollies are what I have to avoid. I cannot eat one or two out of a packet - I have to eat the lot.

And totally off the subject - on the same show was the cast from "Lost in Space." Will Robertson, Penny, no Dr. Smith or the dad who have both died but all the rest were there.

Back to subject - I love the weed and booze response as it is probably very true. :)
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have to be really careful with sweets/chocolate. Eating one treat can easily lead to a major craving for a whole cake, or as many cookies as I can eat before I feel like I'm going to throw up. Which leads to me eating whatever I want in the kitchen, since hey, I already blew my deficit.

I am making good steps to fixing this mentality, like the day I managed a small slice of cake, had major cravings, but I stopped at what fit in my calories. Not going to lie, it felt pretty good.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    CHIPSSSSSSSS !
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Pint containers of ice cream. A pint is a single serving to me. -_-
  • Want2bthin135
    Want2bthin135 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Impulse Eating
  • violetheaart
    Options
    I know, I know. No foods are off limits. It's all about moderation. I totally get that, but for some of us - especially those of us who are just starting to eat conscientiously - there are certain foods or places or activities or whatever that tend to throw us off track. If there's nothing like that in your life, that's wonderful, but I'm curious to hear from those of you who find that avoidance is the best strategy at this point. I'd also love to hear from anyone who used to struggle but can now face those things that used to throw you off. Thanks! ☺

I have an awful sweet tooth right around this time of year, which is weird, because I used to never crave sweets. I am more of a savory person. I have to watch myself with candy, cookies, cake, and chips. My goal is to eliminate eating any of them by substitution - berries and greek yogurt instead of sugar, veggie sticks instead of chips. Personally, I go through this every year right around this time, because of all the Valentine's Day stuff, but my goal is to get through all of February without caving! :)

Good luck!
  • GameGirl777
    GameGirl777 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    weekends. All the rules (and my schedule) go out the window on weekends :/