post workout food?

Options
hoyagirl03
hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
Other than stuff like Shakeology or protein shakes, what do you all eat after either an intense cardio workout (Turbo Fire is mine) or your strength training? Obviously nothing like Doritos (yuuummm.. j/k!) but just looking to see what you all do. I'm also doing side research as well, but just wanted to get you all's thoughts. :) thank you!

Replies

• choley222
    choley222 Posts: 57
    Options
    I do either some kind of protein bar like luna bars or a power bar. I also will do greek yogurt some days because it is packed with protein. I personally have not found a shake that I like so I stick with what I know I like.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've seen on several different blogs to "earn you carbs" (in combination with protein) buy eating your carb-y-est food of the day after a workout, and trying to be lower carb the rest of the time. Makes sense to me.

Edited to add link-
    http://www.wellsphere.com/exercise-article/you-have-to-earn-your-carbs-to-lose-weight-and-burn-fat/351578
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do chose to eat, remember your body is more receptive to whatever you put inot it within half an hour of your workout.
    I susually do a protein shake (GNC AMP Wheybolic Extreme 60) and shortly after, a balanced meal.