Hey I just need a little advice/encouragement

Options
so I have been working out for some time now and I have been gaining weight but losing inches is this normal and will I start to balance out soon? Should I be concerned or am I just being silly lol!

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at this?

Height, weight, goal weight, daily calories, exercise plan?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you're inches are going down, you're definitely going in the right direction. How much weight have you gained and in what timeframe? You may just need to optimize your nutritional goals.
  • angelineosborne
    Options
    Well I have been doing this only for about 3 weeks just started. Umm I am 4"11 I want to be 110lbs but I am currently 160 I eat for breakfast I have half a cup of oatmeal with a teaspoon of honey and a half a teaspoon of cinnamon then for lunchI have the chicken breast green beans then for dinner I have chicken breast and broccoli and I drink a ton of water at least a gallon a day
  • angelineosborne
    Options
    What I do for exercise is 1hour of yoga/cardio
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you gained since starting? What is your daily calorie goal?

You probably just need to give it some time for things to settle out. If you'd like some specific advice about your diet plan you can open your diary to the public under settings.
  • Victoriamrs
    Victoriamrs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I can't really answer your question however for me I lost three inches off my stomach and a couple of inches off other parts of my body but the scales were showing my weight as not moving up (thank goodness lol) or down. I did notice a difference in clothes as they were feeling much looser. Then last week after two months of reducing calorie intake and increasing my walking, I stepped on the scales to discover I had dropped six pounds. Couldn't believe it and was happy out. This might be the same in your case maybe just give it a little more time?

Good luck!
  • judymata
    judymata Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Women drop inches before pounds. I would continue what you are doing. Don't give up!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What is your calorie daily goal? If you are doing 1200 calories you aren't eating enough (sounds counterintuitive), but If you are working out as much as you are you need to eat more to fuel your workouts. Also your body has a minimum daily requirement just to survive. Try sticking to a goal of 1lb per week. I know most people (myself included) would like to lose 2 lbs per week, but this is not realistic for your stats. You should be eating between 1400-1800 calories per day depending on if you are working out or not. Check out this site http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Are you logging correctly? Are you weighing your foods or just eyeballing it? If you aren't using a scale I suggest using one for everything. Be honest in your calorie counting and it will pay off.

Oh yeah...ditch the scale (at least looking at it daily). Weigh once a week and take measurements. The scale will fluctuate depending on salt, food, water, time of day, hormones, DOMS...too much can drive you crazy.

If you need any support in the weight loss journey feel free to add me!
  • Nady9
    Nady9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also 4'11" and wanted to share with you that I also have a very hard time losing pounds. Keep it steady and don't get discouraged. Listen to your body and how you feel after eating/ exercising and make small changes if necessary. Please feel free to add me for encouragement and support during your journey!
  • angelineosborne
    Options
    Thank you so very much! :) I will add you!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Inches are more important than pounds. YAY!