2015 Brides

Options

Replies

• oxsiimplysweet
    oxsiimplysweet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls! Congrats to all you brides! SO exciting! I'm getting married Oct 24, and would love to join this group for some motivation as well!
  • oxsiimplysweet
    oxsiimplysweet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    mcdc858 wrote: »
    My wedding is in August and I am starting to buckle down on the health/fitness goals I have for myself. Would anyone want to start a weekly/ biweekly check in? We can keep each other motivated by sending words of encouragement, sharing tips, and reminding one another how awesome we will look in our dresses :) Message me if you would like to join a group like this! xx

Id love to join you! :)
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'd be up for a weekly check-in :)
  • GoBridgeyGo
    Options
    Hi Ladies - I'd love to join a check-in too! That sounds fantastic. My wedding is in June. I started to focus on getting healthy at the beginning of the year, but my sweet tooth is already starting to test my motivation grrr! Would be great to share some words of encouragement and keep each other on it! :smiley:
  • numnumnums
    numnumnums Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I also would love to join! My date is August 15 and I want to take off about another 10, but also seriously tone up my arms. And lift my - you know - back up to where it used to be.
  • dbentley1970
    dbentley1970 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am getting married August 13th and want to lose 15lbs.
  • pushsend
    pushsend Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am May 31 and am looking to drop 14 pounds minimum! Feeling motivated!
  • pushsend
    pushsend Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    rveotmrpi3qt.jpg

This is my dress (In a few sizes too small at the bridal shop).. Looking to drop 14 pounds
  • mfritzzz
    mfritzzz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Getting married in August!! Down 4 pounds, 26 more to go. First dress fitting is in June, so hoping to be within a few pounds of my goal weight by then!

Feel free to add me! I could definitely use some motivation myself :)
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My sister is getting married September 2015, and I'm the maid of honor! So I'm looking to drop about 35 lbs for her wedding and bachelorette party. Plus, I have a strong feeling that I may be possibly engaged shortly after her wedding... *fingers crossed* So I wanna look great for her wedding, but even better in anticipation for mine in the next two years.
  • ScalySquash50
    Options
    pushsend wrote: »
    I am May 31 and am looking to drop 14 pounds minimum! Feeling motivated!

That dress looks stunning on you! Your fiancé is a lucky guy!
  • saraaax89
    Options
    Hi Girls! Congrats to all you brides! SO exciting! I'm getting married Oct 24, and would love to join this group for some motivation as well!

Same date as me!! Oct 24th!! So excited!! I have just joined my fitness pal. I have been yo yoing for quite a while and still have no dress. I want to lose 45 pounds by october!! Any tips ladies??

Congrats to you all!!
  • saraaax89
    Options
    Hi Ladies - I'd love to join a check-in too! That sounds fantastic. My wedding is in June. I started to focus on getting healthy at the beginning of the year, but my sweet tooth is already starting to test my motivation grrr! Would be great to share some words of encouragement and keep each other on it! :smiley:

Tell me about it! That sweet tooth is a killer!! Living in London doesn't help when the temptation is everywhere!
  • mmredd100
    mmredd100 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married August 22. I would love to lose about 25 pounds. I'm hoping to do it by April though! Anyone feel free to add me.

And I would love a group!
  • LaHermosaKate
    LaHermosaKate Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am getting married in August or September depending on how visa processes go. I could lose 25 - 45 lbs, but honestly don't care how much I lose, as long as I keep to healthy habits all the way until September. Is there a group? I want other date-conscious friends!
  • StormiLu
    StormiLu Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    pushsend wrote: »
    rveotmrpi3qt.jpg

This is my dress (In a few sizes too small at the bridal shop).. Looking to drop 14 pounds

Very pretty, but if you loose weight it'll be fine. I think it looks good now!
  • StormiLu
    Options
    ktkkix wrote: »
    Hi all, I am getting married in August or September depending on how visa processes go. I could lose 25 - 45 lbs, but honestly don't care how much I lose, as long as I keep to healthy habits all the way until September. Is there a group? I want other date-conscious friends!

Hey girl, If you stick with MFP, You will loose weight as long as you don't eat all your calories. I have 1350, On sedentary, I work out everyday at least thirty mins. If I have to clean I clean for 40 plus mins and do a few exercises here at home. My regular is Sit ups, Push Ups, Lower Crunches, Squats. I started out with only about 15 for each exercise because I am out of shape but its getting easier so I start pushing myself. Then if I don't need to Clean. I walk 30 40 mins at 3.0-3.5 MPH. That's all you need to do. Record and measure out what you eat. Eat smaller meals, Exercise record it all on this app and be sure to now eat all your burnt calories. At th end of the day when you complete your diary be sure to leave about 200 Calories not ate. That is what I do. Also when you loose weight be sure to update your setting and hit save so that it adjusts itself. If you Eat some them calories eat no more then half. I have lost 10 ponds in a month. By the time June 27th Gets here I should be down to 165 where I want to be. So I am hoping.

Let me know if this helps.
  • StormiLu
    Options
    mmredd100 wrote: »
    I'm getting married August 22. I would love to lose about 25 pounds. I'm hoping to do it by April though! Anyone feel free to add me.

And I would love a group!

Hey girl, If you stick with MFP, You will loose weight as long as you don't eat all your calories. I have 1350, On sedentary, I work out everyday at least thirty mins. If I have to clean I clean for 40 plus mins and do a few exercises here at home. My regular is Sit ups, Push Ups, Lower Crunches, Squats. I started out with only about 15 for each exercise because I am out of shape but its getting easier so I start pushing myself. Then if I don't need to Clean. I walk 30 40 mins at 3.0-3.5 MPH. That's all you need to do. Record and measure out what you eat. Eat smaller meals, Exercise record it all on this app and be sure to now eat all your burnt calories. At th end of the day when you complete your diary be sure to leave about 200 Calories not ate. That is what I do. Also when you loose weight be sure to update your setting and hit save so that it adjusts itself. If you Eat some them calories eat no more then half. I have lost 10 ponds in a month. By the time June 27th Gets here I should be down to 165 where I want to be. So I am hoping.
  • StormiLu
    Options
    saraaax89 wrote: »

Same date as me!! Oct 24th!! So excited!! I have just joined my fitness pal. I have been yo yoing for quite a while and still have no dress. I want to lose 45 pounds by october!! Any tips ladies??

Congrats to you all!!

• StormiLu
    Options
    I'm getting married May 30th! I would also like to lose 25-30 lbs by then!!! Let's do this!! Feel free to add me