I love being Vegetarian!!!!

Options
madzligonths
madzligonths Posts: 4
edited January 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I'd love to become friends with any meat lover, but especially anyone who is a long or short term Vegetarian!!! I just recently started and I'd love to become friends with someone that has the same goals as I do. I'd also love some Veg recipe ideas and things you love about being Veg. I'd love to hear everything you have to say!!!! My goal these next few months is to lose 10 pounds and tone all my muscles. Any tips/advice welcome. Much luv, Madz

Replies

• Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your new vegetarian WOE, lots of good recipe around so I'll leave you to find those. I will just add, to lose fat you need a calorie deficit regardless of what your food preferences are.

Toning is a fitness industry buzz word the marketers use to pitch products and service. Muscles do not sag, get firmer or softer. You can add muscle mass or lose muscle mass but you don't change the muscles tone.

What toning really means is losing fat and reducing your Body Fat %
  • dharmarat
    Options
    Hi! New to this app and long-term vegetarian. Friends?
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    hi - happy to have more friends.. not a vegetarian but aim to eat mostly vegetarian (with very occasional meat) so a lot of the recipes i eat regularly are completely vegetarian
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a vegetarian. You can add me :)
  • heather_riffenburg1
    heather_riffenburg1 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been a veg head for 8 years now. You can add me and I'd love to exchange receipes and tips.
  • alanabanana86
    alanabanana86 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Veggie here :)
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Yup. Vegetarian for 13 years now.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Enjoy your new vegetarian WOE, lots of good recipe around so I'll leave you to find those. I will just add, to lose fat you need a calorie deficit regardless of what your food preferences are.

Toning is a fitness industry buzz word the marketers use to pitch products and service. Muscles do not sag, get firmer or softer. You can add muscle mass or lose muscle mass but you don't change the muscles tone.

Toning to the average person means making what you have, feel firmer and be more shapely. It is adding muscle mass, which is what makes it feel firmer, but can't you just let it go? Everytime someone mentions "toning" a someone else has to come in and redefine it for no good reason. It's not a bell, it doesn't have tone, we get that.
  • MisRka
    MisRka Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm always happy for more vegetarian friends :)
  • LaineyVAhimsa
    LaineyVAhimsa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm vegan :) feel free to add me, could use more veggie friends x
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian and have been for 30 years
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Love my vegetarian life! Check out this group for some specific veg/vegan posts...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores
  • ash_sz
    ash_sz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    "Sometimes/Mostly" Vegetarian here :smile:
  • xxlilkaycexx
    xxlilkaycexx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of becoming a vegetarian. Any advice?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,977 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »

Toning to the average person means making what you have, feel firmer and be more shapely. It is adding muscle mass, which is what makes it feel firmer, but can't you just let it go? Everytime someone mentions "toning" someone else has to come in and redefine it for no good reason. It's not a bell, it doesn't have tone, we get that.
    Yes but your wrong. Adding muscle mass adds fat mass and you'll actually feel fatter and flabbier. Losing body fat regardless of your muscle mass will make someone feel more "toned" I guess you just don't get it.
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yay! I have recently begun eating vegetarian as well. Friend me please!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian my entire life (24 years now). feel free to add me!

I know first hand that vegetarian does not mean healthy and there is most definitely a way to overeat crappy food. ;0 So i hope you're choosing to do this for the right reasons!