If I manage to avoid __________, I can stay on track with eating.

Options

Replies

• distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Lots of interesting - and familiar! - answers. Thanks!
  • mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    stressing out

S T R E S S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGGRRRRRRRR
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Cake/cookies/pastries/similar grain-based sweets (as opposed to hard candy-type or ice cream or other sweets.)
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Potato chips, french fries, bread - especially good bread such as homemade yeast rolls, also chocolate (good chocolate), and pasta. Hmmmm this post is making me hungry......
  • ashtonlv
    Options
    Communal eating. I have to avoid family dinners, eating with co-workers, restaurants with friends, etc. etc. Unfortunately I have to make my plan and eat by myself to stick to it. I have a really hard time both with watching other people eat what I wish I could and also hearing unhelpful "suggestions" from people about what I "should" be doing.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Chips and dip, and more chips and dip!

Also regular coke (with sugar). Diet is just not the same... But I do drink diet as I do not like to drink them calories! LOL
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    LeenaGee wrote: »
    LeenaGee wrote: »
    "Excess Calories" is the right answer in all situations, for all people.

Please don't speak for me.

(Back again, because I needed time to think what to write.) I was watching a show today and some famous comedian who had lost a lot of weight and was now running marathons said "Animals don't eat sugar" and he is right. Show me where in nature, animals eat sugar and I don't mean fruit.

Lollies are what I have to avoid. I cannot eat one or two out of a packet - I have to eat the lot.

And totally off the subject - on the same show was the cast from "Lost in Space." Will Robertson, Penny, no Dr. Smith or the dad who have both died but all the rest were there.

Back to subject - I love the weed and booze response as it is probably very true. :)

Honey. Lots of critters eat it.

Sugar cane. Eaten by some insects and elephants in the wild.

If you're asking about pure sugar, then some of the wild animals that raid human garbage will eat it. Coyotes, racoons, rats, mice, off of the top of my head.

If you mean with zero human influence factored in and natural sources of sugar don't count because it's not 'pure', it's a meaningless statement. No sugar refineries in the wild.
  • littlelatina19
    littlelatina19 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cereal, like Krave
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't have this issue now, but when I was first getting started I had to pretty much eliminate dairy from my diet...more specifically, milk and cheese. On average I drank about 1/2 gallon of milk per day and ate a good 1/4 - 1/2 Lb of cheese pretty much every day...once I would get going on those things, there wasn't much stopping me.

I think I went a good 3 months or so without having either and can now enjoy both in moderation without issue.
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    If I manage to avoid going over my calorie count, I can stay on track with eating.

I'm not going to give up anything, just cut back, but if I had to choose it would be Dairy Queen - curse those caramel sundaes and pineapple milkshakes!
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    If I avoid letting my rebellious nature take over I can stay on track. I am working on making that stubborn, rebellious side work for me rather than against.

But I do have certain 'trigger foods' that almost always cause a binge unless I just say no entirely. Chips, baked goods (especially my own) and sour candies. One taste, one bite, one serving, one bag, it just never seems to be enough.

So, for me, it is much easier just to stay away from those altogether rather than trying to cage the beast after I've let it free lol
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, wine. :( I don't like to drink just one glass...and those glasses lead to munching...
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    thumb_potatoes.gif

I love all potatoes...Chips are public enemy # 1 for me, but if it has "potato" in it, beam me up. 99% of the time I skip fries as well if I am out. If I am out for breakfast which is once in a while and they have the shredded hashbrowns, I am getting them, lol.

I have not quit potato chips. I tell myself I am on a potato chip break. Translation, not allowed to buy the PARTY SIZE bag of Lays because I will eat the entire bag day in less than a day.

Oh my god I just spit coffee everywhere! You made me waste coffee dangit!
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    For me it's feeling lonely, frustrated, useless, or like I've disappointed people. I am a comfort scoffer. The amount of ice cream/chocolate/cake I can put away when I'm upset never fails to astound me.
  • katherir
    katherir Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If I manage to avoid denial. Definitely denial.
  • superlauren11
    superlauren11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Pizza, alcohol, and fast food. Those usually though me completely off track.
  • thursdayswoman
    thursdayswoman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Zebra Cakes and chips with dip. Those things will set me off completely. Fortunately those are fairly easy to avoid!
  • WhiteChocolate85
    WhiteChocolate85 Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Krispy Kreme doughnut's I can do good all day and drive past on the way home and that darn HOT light seems to take control of the wheel and pull me to the drive through and of course u can't order just one >:) there evil lol
  • WhiteChocolate85
    Options
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    Vodka...
    Ahhh I miss my ciroc
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Cereal and wheat thins!