breakfast shakes

Options
so im not a big breakfast person ...so i started doin shakes and the first one was not bad it was about four hundred cal.s but the one i had this morning was like way more and taking about half as much as the first anyone have any good ones or any ideas on what to do

Replies

• successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check my diary. I make a breakfast smoothie every morning. You can up the protein with more kefir or add a protein powder, I use liquid egg whites. You just need a good whole food blender, Nutribullet, Blendtec or Vitamix. I have a Blendtec.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    1 scoop whey, half cup strawberries. half banana , almond milk spinach, tbs peanut butter. around 320 cal>
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Love my morning smoothies! They are my go to when I'm working. Typically 1 scoop of protein powder, chia seeds & milk are the base and may add frozed berries, unsweetened cocoa powder or coffee powder. I always measure too so this helps with calorie intake.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I can't stand any protein powder, so I opt for greek yogurt instead. I usually use unsweetened juice or almond milk, a small banana, frozen fruit...varies every time and loads of spinach!!
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love my Ninja single serve cups! Smoothie every morning for roughly 250 cal. My go to recipe: 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1 cup frozen fruit, 1/2 banana, 20g kale, and water. For tropical fruit I add 1 tbsp coconut flakes, otherwise I add 1-2 tbsp PB2.
  • ladygreylovestea
    ladygreylovestea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love my protein smoothies! I use 1 scoop of Juice Plus protein shake mix, 1/2 cup of frozen peaches, 1/2 banana, 4 oz of milk, 4 oz of water, and ice cubes. It is delicious!!
  • GFDawn
    GFDawn Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie every work day - using Bolthouse Farms Mango Protein juice, 1 banana, berries of choice & about 1/2 cup Greek yogurt. Delicious, you can use any juice but be careful of the sugars and try not to use a lot! Hope this helps!
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Smoothie base: 1/2 cup Greek, plain non fat yogurt & 1 cup Almond Breeze, Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk.

I then add frozen berries/fruit and a Crystal Light Energy packet (Citrus, Strawberry or Peach Mango).
    Great combos: * Strawberries, Raspberries (frozen), Crystal light Citrus
    * Strawberries (frozen), banana, wild strawberry crystal light
    *Peaches (canned or snack cup size, no sugar added) Crystal Light Peach
    Mango, a few ice cubes

You can also take a look at my recipes for a whole bunch of smoothie recipes.
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    1/2 cup frozen strawberries
    1 large egg
    1/2 cup Kellog's Bran Buds

If you blend it too much you have to eat it with a spoon. We're trying to put weight on one of my grandkids. He loves it.