Tom, 27, overweight but determined

Options
Hi there,

My name is Tom and I am about to embark on the beginning of my journey to a healthier, happier state of mind.

I'm a 27 year old rugby player who has consistently put on weight for the past five years through laziness and a lack of care about what I was fuelling my body with while I was at uni. I've tried to change it up and get fitter a few times, but it never seems to stick.

I am hoping that being part of this community will help to keep my drive towards a better body and a healthier life style.

Tomorrow morning, it begins. Not to sound too dramatic, but I am genuinely nervous due to my lack of success in past efforts.

Wish me luck....

Replies

• trenaelsey
    trenaelsey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck Tom. We can do it...
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Why are you waiting until tomorrow Tom?
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    You got this.
  • ellenb1963
    ellenb1963 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Tom. My daughter plays rugby as well - great sport. You can do this!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    You don't need luck if you have motivation, you'll be alright, there will be ups and downs and it's all normal and fine. Good for you for making the effort to take better care of yourself, finally valuing yourself is the best thing ever. :smiley:
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The only Tom I know is the MySpace guy.
  • Victoriamrs
    Victoriamrs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wishing you lots of success, if you need support and encouragement feel free to add me.

All the best. :)
  • hcatterall
    hcatterall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Start eating your meals on a salad plate...smaller portions are the way to go if you do not want to cut specific foods/food groups out. I did this trick and tracked what I was easting and lost 65 pounds. You CAN do it. Blessings to you. :-)
    tsjmcnamee wrote: »
    Hi there,

My name is Tom and I am about to embark on the beginning of my journey to a healthier, happier state of mind.

I'm a 27 year old rugby player who has consistently put on weight for the past five years through laziness and a lack of care about what I was fuelling my body with while I was at uni. I've tried to change it up and get fitter a few times, but it never seems to stick.

I am hoping that being part of this community will help to keep my drive towards a better body and a healthier life style.

Tomorrow morning, it begins. Not to sound too dramatic, but I am genuinely nervous due to my lack of success in past efforts.

Wish me luck....

• jack0912
    jack0912 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Best of luck.tom... you will do this :)
  • luv2lift25
    Options
    best of luck tom you can do this
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You got this, Tom!
  • brendo204
    brendo204 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    good luck mate! feel free to add me guys and gals
  • LJT253
    LJT253 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good luck Tom ;)
  • Melissa90xo
    Melissa90xo Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    All the best on your journey Tom! The people here are very helpful and supportive. You've got this!