Calories and sugars from Fruit

Options
Are sugars and calories from fruit bad? I want to make a fruit smoothie with my nutri-bullet or just eat a piece of fruit at the end of the day. However, it would put me over on both sugars and calories. I remember when I was doing WW they didn’t count fruit as much but on MFP they seem to actually count for a good amount of calories and sugars. Should I just adjust my diet and fit them in like everything else or is it ok if I go over because of fruit?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Sugar, refined or otherwise, are just carbs. The calories do count the same as any other calorie though.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Count the calories in the fruit you eat, but don't worry about the sugar.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories, definitely count calories from fruit and fit them in to your calorie goals. Don't worry so much about the sugars. As for WW pointsplus, not counting fruit is a big part of the reason it doesn't work as well. As you can see, fruit calories can add up!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I go over my sugar goal nearly everyday. Plus it doesn't help that I just bought one of those ninjas, and I'm making all sorts of yummy concoctions :D I just make sure and keep within my calorie goal.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about natural sugars. Try to limit added sugar though.
  • MRivera422
    MRivera422 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for clearing that up for me everyone!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Everything counts and the only "bad" food, is rotten food.
  • lolly715
    lolly715 Posts: 106
    Options
    Unless you're diabetic (or similar) you can turn off the sugar column and track something more useful, like fiber or sodium. Or only track the main three macros if you want.

But yup, the calories count no matter the source.