Weight Loss Supplements??

Options

Replies

• Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Haven't used them. Mostly because the only weight you lose permanently is the money you spend on them that you can't get back. As soon as you stop taking them, it seems you gain back the weight and then some. What ever weight you lose with them, isn't true weight loss. There are no easy ways out.
  • scottish_laura_13
    scottish_laura_13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    it might be what you are eating rather than how much you are eating?
    having more snacks that are fruit or veg instead of chocolate (that's where I went wrong lol) would be better, if you are already doing that then I would suggest doing a different exercise every week i.e. if you are cardio all the time try yoga or something?
    also don't go on weight alone - take body measurements as you might be losing fat but gaining muscle and losing inches
    I didn't think any supplements work - im tempted to try the gastric band hypnotherapy tho - have you thought about that? you can get it as an app. my theory is if it doesn't work then my body isn't full of pills and if it does then great
  • Aesthetic_B
    Aesthetic_B Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Forget about that, crash diets, cutting carbs, etc. Eat what you love and want but within your calorie goal (in a deficit). You don't HAVE to workout to lose weight but it's icing on top of the cake that will allow you to lose even faster. Trust me, no pills, no supps, no body wraps, I'm post Partum baby#2!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit, its free!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you are doing for exercise, but if nothing is happening, I would suggest begin lifting weights.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    The phrase "weight loss supplement" screams oxymoron.
  • MelonFlower
    MelonFlower Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend seeing an endocrinologist. You may have a hormonal imbalance and standard blood work won't indicated that.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Orlistat is sold over the counter as Alli. But unless you want to live on a very low fat diet, or be afraid of staining your pants every time you pass wind, I wouldn't recommend it. Neither of those are appealing to me.

yeah low fat diet is essential if you don't want nasty side effects I haven't had any the recommendation is no more than 15g of fat with any meal it's not hard to keep to that :)

But then what do you need the pills for?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Consistent accurate deficits and burns is where its at. 2h cardio will depend on how hard you are working. Might be much less than 1000 calories i.e less than 1/3 of a lb without eating anything back. Eat at a level you cna sustain, make sure its accurate and then be patient. If you reduce to a level below you can manage, then thats no good if you are misreable or it makes you quit.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    aloggains wrote: »
    I'm curious if anyone has tried a weight loss supplement (for women) to boost results. I have an extremely difficult time losing weight, even with counting calories, cutting carbs and sugar and working our for an hour 5 times a week (cardio and weight lifting).

Can you define "an extremely difficult time"? Does this mean you are starving all the time? Or that you aren't starving but would have expected to lose more by now? My first thought would be not to lower your calories, but my fav saying, "lower your expectations". Also if you started exercising at the same time you started dieting, that confuses the scale. How do your clothes feel?

• Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I remember years ago when I didn't have time to exercise (well, I did but I was too lazy to!) and I ate my maintenance calories, but I still lost weight after taking fat and carb blockers (6kg in 2.5 months). I wouldn't normally advocate taking diet pills because I feel a healthy diet and exercise regime is best BUT... given my experience, I feel that they can sometimes work. I should note, that I seldom ate junk food at the time so it wasn't like I was making no life changes. Anyway, I took Proactol fat blocker (2 tablets per day) and White kidney bean extract (2 tabs per day); The sellers recommend more than that but I wanted to make sure I used them as little as possible.
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I know people are going to jump my case but I take MNS3 by Advocare. I've been taking it for 7 months now. It helps curb my cravings. In the past I could stick to eating a good breakfast and lunch but by 3pm I wanted to eat everything in sight. Taking these supplements have helped. Plus the probiotics in the pack has really helped my digestive system. I still track all my calories and exercise. In 7 months I've lost 62 lbs.
  • chitivok
    Options
    I don't know how to use this quoting and replying thing but trying...:-) I agree with this reply completely!!
    No supplements here.

Just normal food, cooking from scratch. Eat what i want. I only dont use added sugar ( so yes i eat fruit) and added salt. The cut back of added salt and sugar for health care reasons.

I weigh every solid food and measure my liquids and lost over 60 pounds so far in 90 days.
    I dont feel hungry and have lots of energy.
    Getting fitter and fitter because i exercise 6 days a week.

Its all about deficit people, that's all there is too it.

(exception of course for people with a health condition)

• ameliawieber
    Options
    I have an incredibly difficult time losing weight as well. I tend to put on muscle but not burn fat. I am working on upping my cardio and I will admit my calorie intake is not always regulated. That being said, I do feel I get a little help from Jillian Micheal's fat burner. She has a detox plan as well, that I felt helped with bloating. All and all I think I like taking it because it keeps me motivated. But of course diet and exercise are key. Keep up the good work!
  • JessicaP327
    JessicaP327 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would steer clear from "diet supplements" and add just a plain old regular multivitamin, along with logging everything accurately, including calories burned with an accurate HRM. Also, don't go by MFP calories for foods, especially things that say "homemade". Take the time and do the research yourself instead of just taking MFP nutritional values and calorie burns as 100% truth. Regular multivits have essentials that help the body naturally function at its best, without all the spiffy "diet" nonsense in the OTC section of Walgreens. But I haven't been poking around in your food diary so if you already do, than nix what I said. LOL! :smile:
  • JessicaP327
    JessicaP327 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Also maybe try to make sure that you are eating an accurate # of calories for your particular body. I happen to be a fan of the TDEE - 20% method, though I know everyone has their own thoughts and ways of doing things. All I'm saying it make sure that you are eating enough to sustain your body throughout the day plus workout, but also at a deficit.
  • trevorgallo
    trevorgallo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Boffykins wrote: »
    I was on oristat and I lost weight some years ago...but soon as I started to eat normally I put the weight back on.

Now they are telling you to eat butter, full fat milk the things I could not eat when oristat was given to me. All guidelines seems to have changed and natural food now seems to be better for you.

I took the same stuff as yours years ago too. I lost weight but everything rebounded back to me.

Now, I just watch what I eat, do more fitness activities, take some natural supplements such as Salve Verdure and Probiotics, and I havent have any more problems keeping my extra pounds off.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    kinju547 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I have been on Reductil three years ago, I lost 8 kg in less than two months but unfortunately I gained the weight back after I gave birth to my child. I have decided to give it another shot. I've started using them again last week and I'm very excited about it. I am sticking to low fat labels and cutting out all the bad stuff, the tablets are great because it gets you in the mindset of knowing that theres consequences if you have a lot of fat. I ordered my pills at *snip* and received them within one week of ordering them.
    Good luck !

I lost 8kg in 2 months without the risk of crapping myself and not buying what should be prescription drugs online, with no medical oversight.

Your plug is bad, and you should feel bad.
  • blackcars7411
    blackcars7411 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I take phentermine. It's by prescription only & it's a appetite suppressant. U will have a decrease desire to eat food, which will cause u to lose weight. Ur Dr will decide if it right for u by looking at your bmi, doing lab work etc. It's not appropriate for everyone. I've had good results with it, and taking that & using mfp, I've learned about portion control & changing my eating habits. So, it really comes down to food intake so maybe ur not as accurate in ur calorie counting.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I have an incredibly difficult time losing weight as well. I tend to put on muscle but not burn fat. I am working on upping my cardio and I will admit my calorie intake is not always regulated. That being said, I do feel I get a little help from Jillian Micheal's fat burner. She has a detox plan as well, that I felt helped with bloating. All and all I think I like taking it because it keeps me motivated. But of course diet and exercise are key. Keep up the good work!

- No one gains muscle easily
    - Detoxing is BS
    - "Regulating" your calories is the best way to lose weight.