How often do you weigh yourself?

2»

Replies

• AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Every morning. After pee. Naked. Dare not drink a drop of water before hand.

Just me? LOL :smiley:

No, seriously. I do every morning after I go to the bathroom just for my reference. I log it about once a week.

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    It just depends on the person. Are you someone that could see the number fluctuating a lot and not feel bad about it? Then weighing everyday is good. I personally only weigh once a week because if I saw the number go up I would be upset with myself.

But what if you're up on weigh in day? That's why I weigh daily and don't give much thought to any one number.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Especially if you weigh daily, it's helpful to learn the main causes of fluctuation in weight. I often will guess before I get on the scale if it will be up or down. This helps me learn my own body better and keeps in a reasonable mindframe about those inevitable ups and downs.

For me, the relevant factors that drive weight up are alcohol consumption, dehydration, working out (especially weight lifting), TOM, high sodium, a lot of food content, amount of sleep/time of weighing.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    I weigh about 1-2 times a month. I used to weigh daily, sometimes several times, then I realized that my food decisions were becoming exclusively calorie based, rather than nutrition driven. Since I am not overweight, and I have health problems, I decided that getting proper nutrition was more important than a few vanity pounds, and now I don't have my own scale anymore.

I still count my calories on MFP, but I am not so driven to minimize them. As long as I am not eating over maintenance on a weekly basis, I try to focus more on the micronutrients.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Since I am maintaining usually I weigh once a week or every two weeks.
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    I weigh daily. I thought I was a data freak until I saw SingRunTing's charts.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Every morning after voiding. My scale logs it automatically.
  • bettebuc
    bettebuc Posts: 8 Member
    I tossed the scales. The numbers game drove me crazy. I know if I stay on my diet the weight will come off eventually. I've lost 35 lbs so far and am training for a mini-marathon.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    diegops1 wrote: »
    I weigh daily. I thought I was a data freak until I saw SingRunTing's charts.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8gUXUlkLJTzXWOcodE1aqRVQY6GIjaTK9yEC7qaCCosm-d_rx
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    every day. Like clockwork.
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 175 Member
    I check every day, after I pee but before I eat. I really should log every day, I bet that would help me see improvement better.
  • Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Just started daily weighing and I wish I would have started it 25 years ago!! For me, it helps to keep me on track and stay away from that "I blew it, I may as well eat everything in sight" attitude. 2 weeks in and down 5.6 pounds, have lost all but 3 days. Works well for me, I hope it continues!
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    When ever I feel like knowing how much I weigh.
  • gnik1
    gnik1 Posts: 30
    I cheat well kind of. I weigh every morning when I get up if the weight has gone up, I weigh myself after my daily workout and that normally brings me down o:).

My routine in the morning when I get up, weigh myself, check and log blood pressure, heart rate, measure body, stomach,chest,neck,biceps,forearm,hips,thigh and calf. I also measure body fat via body measurements, as well as calipers I then compare it to what the scale shows my body fat as. Normally take an average of the 3. Although I log the BF% from the scales. I then start my workout for 80~90 mins.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    I weigh myself daily at the same time under the same circumstances to watch trends etc.- I NEVER obsess over the number; I only “record” my weight once a week and that is the only number I sort of concentrate on. I think it is a personal choice and “what works for you” is likely the correct answer. If weighing daily stresses someone then it's probably not the best approach...for them.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Maybe once a month

I know by how my clothes fit if I need to adjust my intake
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Everyday, twice a day. I like to see how my weight fluctuates based on what I ate and how much water I drank. I can even tell whether the scale will move the next morning (vs. the prior morning) by how it changes during the day. I only log my weight if I see 2-3 days of consistent loss on the scale. I'm in weight loss mode and have maintained a deficit so I wouldn't log a gain since it would be impossible for me to really gain weight. Sometimes, the scale does weird things but since I know I have eaten less than I have burned, it can only be trending downward.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Every morning, log it in my phone to track trends, log it in MFP once a week