Good kcups? Where to buy?

Options

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Buying K-Cups is like spending $50.00 per pound for coffee.

True, but I don't like spending $14 on a pound of coffee without trying it first either. I wonder if I can get samples somewhere.

why not buy the bags of coffee you know you like??

• Rockelle82
    Options
    Green Mountain Donut Shop Coconut Mocha!!!!!!!
  • Djrundle13
    Djrundle13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    YOu can get the refillable/reusable ones. I have them and love it! can get any blend you want...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

True, but I don't like spending $14 on a pound of coffee without trying it first either. I wonder if I can get samples somewhere.

The local brand that my grocery sells (the kind where you can buy the beans and grind in the store or at home) usually has samples of pre-ground. Also, they are sold by the pound so you can buy a small amount at a time.

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Target, Bed bath and beyond, and even Best Buy has K-Cups over by the appliances.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Have you checked Amazon for the kinds you like? I used to get mine at Costco, but now I just have a standing order with Amazon. It automatically ships every 6 weeks and there is a discount because of the standing order. Now I never run out. I get the San Francisco Bay variety because it's inexpensive and it's really good. I think it's better than the Starbuck's Caribou or Newman's varieties I used to get at Costco. You can also order the flavored variety boxes.
  • Djrundle13
    Djrundle13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have that refillable cup, I just like variety and don't really like having 3 or 4 bags of coffee open... But I guess I could do it.

you can keep them in the freezer?
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Bed, Bath, and Beyond with their 20% off coupon.

This, ftw. Wait for them to go on sale (typically a 48-count goes on sale around $38 per box) and use your 20% off coupon. That's a better price than BJ's or Costco
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    99clmsntgr wrote: »

This, ftw. Wait for them to go on sale (typically a 48-count goes on sale around $38 per box) and use your 20% off coupon. That's a better price than BJ's or Costco

Ok I try not to spend more than 50c per kcup if I can help it, lol.

why not buy the bags of coffee you know you like??

I don't know what I'd like sadly, I only really started drinking coffee again recently. I guess I could pick some up when it's on sale at the store and see though.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Buying K-Cups is like spending $50.00 per pound for terrible coffee.

Fixed that for you
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I use the refillable K-cup filters in my machine, this way I can use any coffee I want. The cheap ones in the As-Seen-on-TV section in Walmart work great, the official Kuerig one suck
    http://www.kitchenstuffplus.com/15724-As-Seen-On-Tv-Cafe-Cup-K-Cup-Reusable-Filter-with-Scoop-Set-of-5.aspx#
  • gshifrin
    gshifrin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like the San Francisco Bay k-cups since they're mostly bio-degradable unlike the standard k-cups. Coffee is good, prices are good.
    https://www.gourmet-coffee.com/single-serve.html
    I usually go with the French Roast or Rainforest blend.
    If you look around you can often find discount coupons.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Walmart has them pretty cheap. I mostly buy them at the grocery store when they are on sale, but Bed Bath & Beyond has some okay prices, and Target. Or Amazon.

I like the Folgers ones - mocha swirl, sugar cookie, vanilla biscotti, caramel swirl and hazelnut are my favorites.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    gshifrin wrote: »
    I like the San Francisco Bay k-cups since they're mostly bio-degradable unlike the standard k-cups. Coffee is good, prices are good.
    https://www.gourmet-coffee.com/single-serve.html
    I usually go with the French Roast or Rainforest blend.
    If you look around you can often find discount coupons.

Those prices are a little higher than Amazon but I like that they have a bigger selection of sizes. Is it free shipping?

• gshifrin
    gshifrin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Those prices are a little higher than Amazon but I like that they have a bigger selection of sizes. Is it free shipping?

I got them originally at Amazon, but when I signed up for their newsletter I'd get occasional 10-20% discount codes. Free shipping after $35.

Oh and they're on some sort of campaign about Keurig trying to lock out other coffee vendors. They're giving a free clip to disable the lock-out mechanism on newer Keurig models.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Buy a filter for $5 and make your own
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options

In your coffee aisle, they probably sell one pot bags of coffee for a buck each.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I stick with Starbucks medium roast, but when I drank the flavored stuff, I LOVED Millstone Hazelnut Cream and Donut Shop Nutty Caramel.

I did the subscribe and save deal with Amazon - I can't remember the price though. It's automatic delivery every x months (you choose x), so you get a discount.
  • francesmarieg
    francesmarieg Posts: 75 Member
    Options

YESSS!!! Use their coupon and they have a HUGE variety!

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    We got a Keurig a couple months ago for similar reason, my husband drinks decaf and I drink regular. We are astonished at how much more coffee we drink now and how much more expensive it is!

I like the variety packs from Amazon, and recently have been getting the Grove Mountain Cappucinos (all different flavors). By themselves they are a little too sweet but I mix them half and half with a plain coffee and then I don't need creamer. It's about 80 cals for those Cappucinos and I was using flavored creamer that added up to about 100 cals when I was just drinking plain coffee.