hey im new and need more motivation

Options
Well Im 320 pounds my mother just passed and its been very hard for me to keep up with my exercising and eating right.. what are some good. Work outs that are fun and simple snacks?

Replies

• phoenixmed
    phoenixmed Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi there ' first i think that the best work outs are those you enjoy. For me i like walking' zumba and appartment bicycle (wixh i can do over a long période of tome while playing vidéo games :). For the snacks i thing fruits are m'y favorite but you can aldo try things with protéines' greek yogourt/nuts to keep the hunger away :)
  • nativeluva92
    Options
    Its alil tricky beause im a allergy child. I cant eat most fruits and soy.. but i do enjoy zumba. But no where around where i live have them classes.. i guess im looking for things I can do around tha house.
  • mayrap029
    Options
    idk if you're allergic to bananas or peanut butter but I usually spread some on one slice of bread then slice a banana and put it on the bread and eat it that way. tastes better good c:
  • mayrap029
    Options
    *pretty
  • JordanCampos23
    Options
    Well Im 320 pounds my mother just passed and its been very hard for me to keep up with my exercising and eating right.. what are some good. Work outs that are fun and simple snacks?

Hey, I'm sorry for your lost. I have a simple & easy kinda work out, do push ups as many as you can let's say you get too 7 (that's how Many I was able to do) the next day only add 1 push & the day after that add 1 more & so on. I started this not to long ago. & I have improved a lot. My teacher in high school told me this he did tai-chi I think thats how you spell it. Lol good luck! & god bless!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Here's a post I did which has links to lots of useful info including sexypants (go read it, then come back here), accurate logging of food, goal setting (weight, calories, macros), and motivation / encouragement.

Here's a post with info from & links to an article & study talking about a body-weight workout you can do anywhere. Also look on youtube or just google "body weight workout".

Walking is a very good, easy, no-cost exercise, even for someone who's starting out extremely overweight & shouldn't be doing something which puts even more stress on your ankles & knees.
    Start where you are. If all you can do right now is walk to the end of the driveway & back, do that. Do it again in an hour. And again. And tomorrow. Next week, do it twice. Next week, walk to the neighbor's driveway. You get the idea - gradually increase how much you do. Eventually you can be out for a couple hours.
    You can increase intensity by finding a hilly route to walk or doing intervals of faster walking.

When I started exercising in late DEC13 I think I did 5 minutes on the treadmill at maybe 2 mph. I felt like such a loser! :cry: But I went back & did 6 minutes the next day. Kept increasing the time, eventually nudged up the speed a little. Now I do 60-90 minutes of hills (variable incline, between 3 & 9.5%) on the treadmill at 3.1 mph. Have also used the stair climber (oh, my aching butt!) and elliptical (much more difficult).

As for snacks... fruit, crunchy/chewy veggies (any of those dipped in hummus is good too), a mozza cheese stick, a couple pieces of turkey lunch meat, fat-free yogurt or cottage cheese, a _few_ nuts (careful!), popcorn.
    If you have a good blender, whirl some frozen berries with some almond or soy milk for a slushie.
    Anything that's going to take some effort to eat, &/or is low-calorie & high volume.

51637601.png
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I have a simple & easy kinda work out, do push ups as many as you can let's say you get too 7 (that's how Many I was able to do) the next day only add 1 push & the day after that add 1 more & so on.
    That's OK for your chest & upper arms.
    So what do you do for the rest of the muscle groups?
    And BTW, for those who can't do even 1 pushup, even the knee kind, lean against a wall.
    Move your feet further out as you get stronger, or move your hands further apart.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Hello, welcome to MFP! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

I've found the best snacks are the ones high in protein and relatively low in calories. The protein will have you thinking about food less often (or that's how it is in my case anyway). Also, switching out your current snacks like ice cream to frozen yogurt can cut out 100 calories per serving size. It all adds up.

I agree with the "fun" workout.

Are you a social person? Join a casual team sport, join a zumba or yoga class or whatever, find a walking (or jogging?) buddy, etc.

Don't like other people to see you work out? Get some workout videos out from your local library. Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away the Pounds" and Jillian Michael's workouts are a couple I see my MFP friends use frequently.

Sometimes I even use my Wii dance games to work up a sweat. So while I'm trying to beat a level I'm actually getting a workout.

All the best to you!
  • missjamie_lee
    missjamie_lee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite at-home workouts is doing (what I call) the squat song. Play "Flower" by Moby. "Bring Sally down" you squat until you "Bring Sally Up." I can't make it through the whole song yet, but am seeing improvements over the past week of doing it. Hope this helps. So sorry for the loss of your mom. I can't imagine.
  • Raine2014
    Options
    Hello,
    I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a love one is tough. I lost both of my grandparents who are dear to me...my granddad around this time last year and my stepmom two days later...so I know how it is... but I have decided that I have to move past this, esp. for my children....I have got to live for them. With that being said...Iwas at my heaviest at 264...i started at the gym January 5 and have attempted to go at least 6 days a week. I started on the treadmill at 1.5 miles per hour (slow) for 15 min....then increasing to 20 min...now week 4 im at 30 min at 2.0 miles! I was on the elliptical trainer...that would kill me!...at first I could only do 5 min ...now I am up to 30 min!!!.....you have to be consistent. Like NIKE....DO IT EVERY DAMN DAY!!!

If you dont have a gym near you...go to Five Below and purchase an exercise ball and resistance bands. That ball is a beast! you can do situps on it, crunches, planks...all these things will strengthen your core....if you cant do pushups on the floor, do them standing a couple a feet away from the wall and push yourself away from the wall....the resistance bands will help with arms...just like weights. Five Below has single weights too! Keep Moving....keep your head up!!
  • Raine2014
    Options
    As far as snacks goes...I try to measure out my snacks because I LOVE SNACKS!!!...esp salty ones...so I try to get the healthy ones...trail mix...pita chips, veggie straws....nuts...but I buy in bulk and measure out in snack bags the portion for my meals or snacks. It helps when I get time to measure them out and put them in the snack bags so during the week i can just pick it up and put it in my lunch bag or take it on the go. 100 calorie popcorn is my friend....the best thing I have found is SELTZER WATER!!...I use to be the PEPSI QUEEN...the seltzer water helps with my thirst for the carbonation and it has 0 everything!!!
  • marquezzz17
    Options
    Stick to a high protein low carb diet & you'll see results very quickly. 90% of results come from a good diet while the other 10% is working out.