Sleepless Nights

Options
i know the newest information says weight loss is difficult with insomnia. How do ya'll get yourself to sleep? I've been doing ok the last few days but I get anxiety over having sleepless nights!

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    drgominak.com/vitamin-d-3/

jazzy I think we all do. I was reading we need 8+ hours of good sleep to lose weight well and ran across the above info that I posted in a similar thread that started today perhaps.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    melatonin and a 16oz cup of hot herbal peppermint tea.
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    melatonin and a 16oz cup of hot herbal peppermint tea.

I'd be up all night peeing after 16 oz of tea!
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm a horrible night sleeper, I have found for me not having rice, pasta (bread) or potato carbs with my dinner is a huge help, also not drinking huge amounts of water/tea only drink enough to quench my thirst.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    How long have you been counting calories for (assuming that is what you're doing)? I remember I was having a lot of trouble sleeping during my first month or so eating at a deficit. One thing that did help was that I started saving a few hundred calories for a before bed snack. Melatonin is great too, as is having an early day cutoff time for caffeine. Any chance you have added caffeinated drinks to your day?
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Anxiety over insomnia ain't gonna help your insomnia. Just saying.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Re: melatonin, that ish makes me soooooo sleepy the next day. I find that sleepiness is an issue only regarding exercise energy. I am now making it a point to go to bed by 10pm, which I failed to do last night and I was definitlely more tired today despite sleeping in until 7.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If I stayed up late the night before, no long naps during the day. Sometimes before work I can't sleep til 2AM at the latest, and get home at 5PM. I won't allow myself a power nap, and truck through it until bedtime at 9 or 10PM. If you have a problem with long naps during the day to compensate for lack of sleep at night, this may be a good place to start.
  • Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If I don't eat a heavy dinner I'm very restless at night, but also thinking so much about losing weight all day can cause me to be so restless. Stress :/ I'm just trying to relax myself now about all this weight loss stuff.
  • jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above! Ha! I stopped drinking caffeine (mainly coffee) after 2 pm, and I know if I eat a big dinner and feel bloated I can't sleep, so stopping that. I try not to bring work related issues home and the biggest thing I di was I deactivated my Facebook account! I read that the "blue light" from the tablet keeps you awake and I was on there way too much. Have a great day, all!
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I used to drink so much caffeine before hand in the form of diet coke. Since giving up and eating better I've had a terrible time trying to sleep! I keep waking up early but exhausted by like 8pm :( hopefully will sort itself out soon!