Achieving a Healthy Diet?

Options
Hey all, just looking for some feedback on a new diet I'm trying out.

In essence, its a vegetarian low carb diet that hits all the right macronutrients and includes normal calorie consumption as opposed to one which would target weight loss ~ approximately 1900-2100 for me given my size, age, and level of activity.

The thing I'm wondering about is the necessity of calorie counting to maintain or lose body weight. If you're careful to meet, and only meet, your recommend servings of vegetables, fruits, and grains, then would this be a diet that would be viable long term but which would also permit some weight loss and muscle gain?

I really don't have the stomach for the calorie counting, though I know its a bulletproof strategy. I'm wondering if y'all think this alternative might work, or if its doomed to failure?

Cheers, and thanks.

James

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Weight loss - calorie deficit
    Weight gain - calorie surplus
    Significant muscle 'gain' (and not newb gains, improved tone or the visual effects of a drop in bodyfat) - calorie surplus and resistance training

You aren't going to know if your plan will work until you do it, no one can tell you either way. There is no necessity to calorie count, but it does eliminate the guess work, without it you're running blind. Same goes for weighing your dietary intake, it eliminates guesswork and allows a degree of accuracy.

Your results will depend on how many calories your recommended servings of vegetables, fruits, and grains has, it's that simple.
  • James_Bergin
    James_Bergin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you cityruss :D