Morning exercise at last!

Options
spamarie
spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
Went for my first morning swim today! I'm a semi-regular swimmer so the swim in itself was normal for me, but for once I hauled myself out of bed early and went for a swim before work. I've surprised myself by how good I feel!

Thought I'd share as I put this off for months (hate early mornings) but as with many things in life, it was nowhere near as bad as I imagined it would be, and hopefully I can make a habit of it.

Replies

• juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I have got into the habit of setting the alarm for 5.45am and doing my exercise DVD before everyone else gets up. It sets me up for the day and that is one thing ticked off the list by 6.45am!!
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • jambo27061965
    jambo27061965 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Plan to start early morning runs but I'm not a morning person
  • desika8787
    desika8787 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'd love to exercise in the mornings but I am not able to... :-( I get out of the house at 5:15 a.m. and for me being totally grumpy in the morning I wouldn't be able to get up even earlier :smile:
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    i just started getting up at 6am for a morning run, this week is my first full week - i only do it a tuesday, wednesday, thursday as I can squeeze it in at other times the rest of the week. Its quite difficult getting up at 6 but i find it difficult getting up at 7 so its not that big a deal. I can only fit in a 3 mile run at that time, but i figure thats 9 miles a week i couldnt normally do otherwise! I get home, i get showered and I put on my makeup and i feel great the rest of the day!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I like working out in the morning. When I was jogging, I went out at about 5AM, but now I take classes and the earliest is usually 7AM, although I have seen some independent Zumba classes around at 6AM that I may try at one point.
  • johncartor
    Options
    thanks my dear friend to share your tips with me .i think cycling is a best for morning exercise to keeps weight loss
  • Skinny625
    Skinny625 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to get back on doing my workouts in morning. It gives me motivation for the day. Either a Firm dvd or treadmill. I have been wanting to try the Zumba because it looks like a lot of fun.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I MUCH prefer morning because it's so much easier to make it into a habit than going later in the day. I know, because I was religious about getting to the Y every morning at 5:00 and showering there. Until I got an indoor dog that has to be crated when I leave, which I can't do until he eats and poops which is not until 6:30 or 7:00, so there went the habit! Now I only make it to the Y sporadically three or four times a week, but at least I stay longer than I did when I went in the mornings.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I might go for a jog early in the morning during the Summer, but it's pitch black at this time of year and we don't have any street lighting, so it's a non-starter for me right now. Thus why I went swimming instead. I hope I can keep it up.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Just re-read my post - I exercised there as well :)
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few times to do morning workouts, and if I know i have busy evenings and it's the only way to get a workout it, then I'll do it. but I really struggle -workouts that i complete just fine in the evenings, make me lightheaded and see stars. I simply cannot work as hard in the mornings without feeling like I will pass out. But, I suppose a lighter effort morning workout is better than no exercise at all.
  • MomMaggie
    MomMaggie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I switched my exercise to mornings. I have 3 kids one works part time, one is a competitive dancer and one plays hockey and rep baseball. It was almost impossible for me to make it happen in the evening. I get up at 5am and work out, I love it! I feel great! I like the fact my hubby & kids are still sleeping, there's no one (except the cat) to interrupt me, I get way better focus. I find my body is waking up on its own now.