Apple Cider Vinegar??

Options
I've been reading that taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and a glass of water before every meal will help shed pounds...fact or false?

Replies

• JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    never heard this one before...hm
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    someone told me to try it when i gained some water weight... never tried but im curious to know
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I know it helps with digestion, but you have to get the ACV with the mother like Braggs.

Web MD info

http://www.webmd.com/diet/apple-cider-vinegar?page=2
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I read this too, from Tosca the eat clean diet lady. I did try it for a day, I drank a glass of water with two TBS of cider vineger before every meal but I just couldn't stomach it!
  • Sexymama34
    Sexymama34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started to taking the capsules..it says it will help cut the sugar cravings...I just started them 2 days ago...so I will see how they go...I will let ya know.
  • jkldsmom
    jkldsmom Posts: 15
    Options
    I did that for a while and lost weight but I was making a lot of other changes at the same time. I think drinking green tea works better. If you try the apple cider vinagar, be sure to use the organic kind with "the mother" in it. Also, you will want to sweeten it a little with honey or stevia because it is a strong flavor. Some people report gagging and not being able to drink it. I didn't have that problem, but I did chug it as fast as I could.
  • ebizzles147
    Options
    Thanks for all the help everyone!

Sexymama, please let me know how things turn out with the capsules!
  • mghane
    mghane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can say in relation to this is that for a few days I used apple cider vinegar in my salads and my weight loss was more that week, but it could have been due to many other factors. It has high acidity and enzymes... and has been thought to aid in decreasing water retention. From what I've read, it's not a quick weight loss remedy, it's more like a helping hand... here's a quote from this website "As a general rule, from numerous observations, doctors have found that a woman of average height weighing 210 pounds will weigh 180 pounds after 2 years if she takes 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar a day before meals"

Here's the website if you want to read more... http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/apple-cider-vinegar-and-weight-loss.html
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Don't drink it straight! Sooo acidic and it will tear your throat up. I tried it once and had to dilute it with warm water and a tad bit if honey! Im interested in if it works for water retention. Let us know how it goes! : )
  • markymark39
    markymark39 Posts: 60
    Options
    TRUE...it does aid in weight loss:

From the Cleveland Clinic Daily Wellness Tip: A daily dose of vinegar helps get rid of body fat.

Want to rev up your body’s fat-burning engine? Add a couple of tablespoons of vinegar to your daily diet. Research shows that obese people who took one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day dissolved more body fat than those who were on an identical vinegar-free diet. According to the study, the tart condiment packs a one-two punch for people trying to shed their love handles. Not only does it help the body burn fat, it also makes it harder for the body to store it. Though two tablespoons of vinegar a day may help keep fat away, it should not replace a sensible diet or exercise — your golden road to sustained weight loss. When dieters stopped taking vinegar, their levels of body fat returned to their pre-study levels within just four weeks.

• gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It helps about as much as green tea, which isn't super significant, but every little bit helps, right? I actually really like it as a salad dressing, so i enjoy having it a few times a week. If the taste is unpleasant to you though, There are other foods that can help pep up your metabolism a little!
  • HisPixie
    HisPixie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just bought some. I had read that it is to be unfiltered cider vinegar, not just regular grocery store vinegar. So I bought some at GNC today. Heck, can't hurt to try!
  • HisPixie
    HisPixie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    OK, I don't know if it's related or not BUT I have lost 3 pounds this week. Maintaining my calorie goal AND drinking the apple cider vinegar (3 TBL a day in 24 ounces of water). ALSO ... apple cider vinegar is supposed to be a preventative measure for urinary tract infections. Well, at the ripe old age of 52, I got my first UTI and ended up in the E.D. last night with IV antibiotics, antispasmodics and pain medications. Even as a nurse, it was quite unnerving to see that I was urinating blood. Nasty case of hemorrhagic cystitis. Not saying it's *because* of the vinegar, just thought it was noteworthy that I've never had one before and the vinegar is supposed to prevent them.... Regardless, I'm delighted to have lost 3 pounds, lol!