what are your short- and long-term weight loss goals

Options
2»

Replies

• trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Short term goal: lose the last 10lbs.
    Long term goals: maintain gym schedule and expand into new types of exercise; continue to log and maintain a healthy weight range; ensure that I never suffer from calorie creep again and lose my way.
  • nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Short term goal: stay on track with my workout and meal plan for 3 months (reward for achieving - manicure, pedicure & facial)
    Medium term goal: stay on track for 6 months (reward - weekend getaway to fancy-schmancy spa)
    Long term goal: weigh approximately 100 lbs and maintain it (before anyone freaks out, bear in mind that I'm only 4'11) (reward for achieving - boudoir photoshoot, I did one at my highest weight, and would love to do another)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Short term, rocking my 12 jersey this Sunday! Long term, to be stronger!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Short term: clear up some health problems so I can get a better read on bf% vs water and make sure my macros are right
    Long term: get down to a real goal weight, whatever that ends up being depends on how well the short term works out

Short term starts tomorrow with another new doctor on the team
  • assateaguegirl
    Options
    A pound a week, ultimately losing 30 lbs. As long as it's going in the right direction and I am eating and exercising at healthy levels, I am less concerned about the pace.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have any short term goals other than continue to lift weights and eat food. Long-term goal is to get below 20% BF and then reverse diet up to as high of a maintenance as I can, then maintain for a while, then bulk. Then cut/bulk/maintain cycles.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 7lbs by Easter.
    Long term I would like to continue to challenge myself physically, build muscle and lose fat, and continue to make healthy food and lifestyle choices
  • FritoGirl4life
    FritoGirl4life Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and weigh 187. My short term goal is to lose 15 more lbs by March 8th. Beyond that, I want to be in a sz 10 pant and weigh 145 by June 15th. I am doing my first 5k in May and the goal is to finish it in 45 minutes. Very attainable.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I weigh 185 now- would like to loose 35 pounds by the end of summer. Seems impossible right now, but I'm trying!

Keep it up you can totally do it! I started at 183 last August and was super vigilant about my calories and lost 18lbs (ten percent of my body weight was my first goal) in two and a half months. I took a hiatus from weight loss and stayed at maintenance (except for four pounds of Christmas weight) for another two and a half months. If I would have kept going I would probably be at almost thirty pound loss now. Your goals are entirely possible, feel free to add me here if you'd like as well :smile:

Short term goal - to get under 160lbs (mid February, I'm looking at you!)
    Mid term goal - 145lbs (normal BMI, OMG) by the first day of Summer
    Long term goal - keep this weight OFF! I have had a bit of experience with maintenance now and I'm glad I have some idea of what it will take.
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Short-term: Get to 150 pounds by March 1st (I'm 157 right now so I thin that's doable)
    Long-term: Lose 20ish pounds by Summer and drop body fat% by a lot.
    Long-long term: Look great, toned, and healthy. :)
  • marinabreeze
    marinabreeze Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Short-term: twoterville by my birthday (April) - I'm 11 lbs away.
    Long-term: dropping all the weight, getting myself to about 130 (probably like 2 years from now)
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Short term- 10% of my starting weight, so about 28lbs and then maintain it to let my body adjust.

Long term- to loose between 80 and 100lbs- I am not fully sure where my body's "ideal" weight is. I plan on taking this in 10% steps until I get comfortable. I don't care about time frame as much as health and fitness. I plan on being around to watch my babies have babies!
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Don't really have a short term goal. I'm taking it day by day. My medium term goal is to get down to 20% body fat, by the end of this year.

Long term is to stay at a healthy body fat, maintain a weight where I can ride the type of horses I want to ride and eat consciously for the rest of my life.
  • pinkshoelaces
    pinkshoelaces Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Short term goal: Get under 190lbs. (Currently 197. Hoping to achieve this by the end of February)
    Long term goal: Get to 150
  • runeatrunlive
    runeatrunlive Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Short term - be in onederland by the end of May (currently 222 so roughly 5lbs per month. Short term fitness goal is to get back to a sub 30 minute 5k by June (currently at around 33-34 minutes).

Long term - to hit goal (145lbs approx) sometime in 2016. Long term fitness goal is to run the london marathon in 2016 - I had a place this year but I've deferred it to 2016.
  • bunnypy
    bunnypy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Short-term : loose at least 5kg (get to 46kg) and get myself ready for my upcoming
    pregnancy
    Long-term : get pregnant and not gain unnecessary weight :smile:

Cant wait for my long term goal :smiley:
  • jessofcourse
    jessofcourse Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Short Term Goal- Get to 147lbs by Easter (CW:154)
    Long(er) Term Goal- 140lbs by June 25
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Short term: get to 130 lbs.
    Long term: get to a weight I am happy with, which will probably be under 130.
  • ImDowner
    ImDowner Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Short term - be under 200 by March 13 ( I'm 212 now).
    Less short term - 170 by Sept 1
    Long term - 140-ish, get off of blood pressure meds, be confident, get back into running again, not have the heart issues my family members do