Chocolate Lovers?

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    What are some good ways I can eat my chocolate without hating myself?

Put chocolate on food scale, weigh chocolate, log chocolate, open mouth, put chocolate in, and slowly chew and savor the taste. :)
  • Jimmyftw94
    Jimmyftw94 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    4z6ntaei2009.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    What I've done is allowed myself to become a chocolate snob. I buy only the best quality chocolate I can get my hands on -- heck, I can afford it, 'cause I'm eating it so slowly. One square of a really, really good chocolate bar is maybe 50-60 calories, and I just plan that into my day. It makes me feel more satisfied than an entire cheap candy bar used to.

Buy high cocoa percentage dark chocolate: It's both healthier and tastes more satisfying. Lindt and such is fine for supermarket chocolate if that's what's available. Sooner or later, you may want to "graduate" from Lindt to the better stuff -- here are some examples.

Quality over quantity, that's my motto.

This is what I do, so IMO, it's great advice.

If I want chocolate, I have what I call "fancy chocolate," and make sure I enjoy it immensely. What I think is a waste is eating something with lots of calories that I don't end up enjoying (perhaps because I feel bad later or perhaps because it's really just not that good). But really, really good chocolate is not a bad thing to fit into your calories.* I am lucky because there's a lunch place here (with excellent sandwiches and soup, though sadly pricey, and with a calorie count to boot) that also has a whole wall of amazing chocolates both local and from around the world, many in 40 gram sizes. I like to go pick up something from there when feeling like some chocolate.

*(Neither is ice cream, IMO, or good cheese or an excellent restaurant meal, but I digress.)
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate myself, so I usually buy something like the Fiber One 90 calorie brownies. A little treat like that after dinner a few nights a week keeps me on track.
  • MLLeFever
    MLLeFever Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hershey kisses are what I've been eating for dessert. Some days I can only fit 2 pieces in, other days much more. Normally 2-3 pieces hits the spot
  • TheEats
    TheEats Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I eat 85 % chocolate, which is of course not as shovel-worthy as milk chocolate with caramel filling, but it kills my craving. I have at least two squares every day and it tastes wonderful.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It sounds horrible and still has chocolate in it but I made some black bean brownies the other day, they were really good and at least I was getting some good things in with my chocolate!
  • MikaykayRachel
    Options
    It sounds horrible and still has chocolate in it but I made some black bean brownies the other day, they were really good and at least I was getting some good things in with my chocolate!

My mama makes those! But since I don't live with mommy and I don't have a recipe for them, I can't make them.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options

My mama makes those! But since I don't live with mommy and I don't have a recipe for them, I can't make them.

Do you even internet?
    lmgtfy.com/?q=black+bean+brownie+recipe
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I build in most days york peppermint patty or dark chocolate mini bar. I just put one in my bag so I am not tempted to eat them all.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    This title is making me hungry!
    3ru16uh8sw4r.jpeg
  • sncoombs
    Options
    What are some good ways I can eat my chocolate without hating myself?

I have a masssssssive love for chocolate - Mars bars in particular! It took me ages to adjust (only real choc lovers will understand)!! I now break up my Mars bars into pieces - or buy the kids "fun size" ones - cut them up - work out your macros for each piece - Pop them in a small container and keep them in the freezer!!
    Enjoy when and where is possible - and have fun doing it - as their frozen it takes about 5times longer to eat - meaning you enjoy the one piece for even longer causing less damage to your calories!!
    Works for me!!
    :wink:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if you love it, make room in your calorie allotment for it. I have cookies and milk every night when i go to bed. i leave room for them in my daily calories. Everything you do, has to be SUSTAINABLE. Eat what you want, just in moderation. learn where you can make easy, good changes, and what you really want to stay (in your case, chocolate).
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I am lucky because there's a lunch place here (with excellent sandwiches and soup, though sadly pricey, and with a calorie count to boot) that also has a whole wall of amazing chocolates both local and from around the world, many in 40 gram sizes. I like to go pick up something from there when feeling like some chocolate.

*(Neither is ice cream, IMO, or good cheese or an excellent restaurant meal, but I digress.)

That place sounds great. Agree with all of this 100%.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate as it is. I just ate this tonight because I craved it and it fit my macros/cals:
    35f212ae23204ccf89a9466774c02a16.jpg
    toblerone-pieces-web.png?itok=s7QWlScS

Also OMG jealous
    Winner-Hillcrest-Leila-web.jpg
  • alyssa_6481
    alyssa_6481 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like to mix sugar free pudding mix into plain greek yogurt. A bit of chocolate and the protein of the yogurt! Or I will use chocolate protein powder and make a smoothie. I'm also not against eating a piece of chocolate, or three, if it fits my calories!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna assume you're not dead serious about the hating yourself bit :smile:

I think you have just gotta find your own solution to the chocolate "problem". For me, the problem is stuff like mini Snickers just doesn't satisfy me and I could eat ten of them in one sitting and it still just wouldn't be enough.

My husband and I buy bars of Ghirardelli or Lindt dark chocolate (usually the flavored ones like Hazelnut, Cabernet Matinee, etc) and eat them 1 square at a time over the course of a week or two. Around 60 calorie per square, and I can honestly say that even at my TOM I don't feel the urge to have more squares after one. It's very satisfying.

I do the same thing with the Japanese Kit Kats that come in various flavors. They're kind of pricey on Amazon but worth it to me (especially the matcha and ben imo), and the fact that they aren't cheap and readily available EVERYWHERE helps me savor them & space out my chocolate indulgences more.

These tips are probably stupid to some, but they work for me!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Plan it in with your regular diet. I just bought ice cream the other day - triple chocolate - and have been having it every night. I look forward to it and I still stay within healthy cal limit. So there. Don't hate yourself. Eat chocolate.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

Google it or ask your mom for the recipe.
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Make one cheat day a wee, but on diet days buy chocolate that has at least 70% cocoa and freeze it.That way your treat won't make you crave for more.