Best 30 day challenge that got you results.

Options
What 30 day challenges have you tried and completed that have had a great end result?

What ones have you tried and completed that didn't seem to have any result?
I've tried a few before and felt like I wasted a month trying them out after hearing how great they were.
Examples: 30 day squat challenge, Ab, Beach body etc.

P.s. I realize this has probably been discussed before, but I searched and got over 800 results and went back a couple months and didn't see anything similar. My apologies if it has.

Thanks!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    What kind of results are you trying to get?
  • stupxdgxrl
    stupxdgxrl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It was a general question to see what people have found to be the best 30 day challenge they've completed that's all really. I wasn't looking for a particular result. :)
  • clf1284
    clf1284 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    No matter what 30 day challenge you try, you get what you put into it.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    It is kind of like asking, which get rich quick scheme have you used with success? There are no short cuts. You need goals to know you’re climbing the right ladder.

Thought without action, is a daydream.
    Action without thought, is a nightmare.
    ~ Japanese Proverb

• KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 4 lbs in the past 30 days using MFP. That's about as good as it gets for me. :)
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I keep my Calories Deficit to the "T" - making sure that I don't go over in atleast a week. I used Jillian Michael's 30 days Shred and did level 1 and level 2 for 2 weeks and switched to her Burn Body Fat Metabolism - which unlike the 30 days shred this aerobics is 55 minutes long, which is where I'm at now as far as working out. My husband and I religiously done these every day except Sunday. I have seens and posted my result I never knew possible for as little as 3 weeks.

Posting my picture here:

7g8f1drngtdb.jpg

Picture on left taken 1/4/15 at 194.5 lbs and picture on right was taken 1/24/15 at 185lbs.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is not a 30 day challenge, but a 30 day challenge is a great way to make meaningful, permanent changes to your diet.
  • bornforbattles
    bornforbattles Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The best challenge I've found is to just keep training hard and eating good 24/7. Works wonders
  • stupxdgxrl
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input. I suppose my question was horribly worded from the answers I've received. I'm not looking to drop weight instantly or anything like that. I was wondering people's experiences with these 30 day challenges. NOT a get rich quick scheme.
  • stupxdgxrl
    Options
    oncem0re wrote: »
    I keep my Calories Deficit to the "T" - making sure that I don't go over in atleast a week. I used Jillian Michael's 30 days Shred and did level 1 and level 2 for 2 weeks and switched to her Burn Body Fat Metabolism - which unlike the 30 days shred this aerobics is 55 minutes long, which is where I'm at now as far as working out. My husband and I religiously done these every day except Sunday. I have seens and posted my result I never knew possible for as little as 3 weeks.

Posting my picture here:

7g8f1drngtdb.jpg

Picture on left taken 1/4/15 at 194.5 lbs and picture on right was taken 1/24/15 at 185lbs.

That is awesome! Great work.

I really enjoyed doing her 30day shred.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    They are fun, but I find that sometimes I tend to rebound from them for a week. Like eating all the foods because the challenge is so strict. I'm a week into a month long one right know at our gym, my goal coming off it is to find that happy medium and NOT pig out for a week afterwards.
  • april9356
    Options
    For me I would have to say that 30 day workouts are good but I find alot of people work themselves to hard to reach there goal in that amount of time
  • stupxdgxrl
    Options
    clf1284 wrote: »
    No matter what 30 day challenge you try, you get what you put into it.

Yes I understand that. I don't think you understood what I was asking.
  • lynpcooper
    lynpcooper Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I understand your question. People seem to love 30 day Shred (as mentioned before). I have only gotten up to day 13, but even in that short period of time, I had great results. I'm currently doing a 90 day youtube challenge called Bikini Body Mommy 3.0, but after that, it's back to Jillian for me. I also have a Dailyburn.com subscription and they have lots of 3 week to 3 month programs. I personally like challenges like these because they give me something new to commit to and a deadline. I think its fun and rewarding when you complete them. There are also lots of challenge groups on MFP that start every month. I'm doing a drop 20 by Easter challenge. Good Luck. I hope you find something fun to do.
  • jenfran89
    jenfran89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    stupxdgxrl wrote: »
    What 30 day challenges have you tried and completed that have had a great end result?

What ones have you tried and completed that didn't seem to have any result?
    I've tried a few before and felt like I wasted a month trying them out after hearing how great they were.
    Examples: 30 day squat challenge, Ab, Beach body etc.

P.s. I realize this has probably been discussed before, but I searched and got over 800 results and went back a couple months and didn't see anything similar. My apologies if it has.

Thanks!

I tried those 30 day challenges (from the same app) and found they made no impact whatsoever, and just got boring. I wasn't overweight but was led to believe they'd tone muscles, but I saw no changes.

Having said that at the time that was the only exercise I was doing, and have since realised that only doing 1 or 2 exercises a day is not going to make any sort of impact to your body. They may work as a supplement to other exercise, but on their own are useless
  • cheekymoi83
    cheekymoi83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Gillian Michaels all the way!! I started the insanity workout last week but my knees are killing me & injured my lower back so think I'll stick with gillian- it's slow enough that I don't rush things and injure myself! I think I'll try that metabolism one mentioned above. Thanks guys! Good luck :-)
  • SharBear44
    SharBear44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stupxdgxrl,
    Although it's not a 30 day challenge, I almost completed the P90X program. It was super challenging for me but totally worth it! I was the slimmest and in the best shape ever. I also followed the meal planning the progr provided. That was the start for me in eating better. It's amazing how good food tastes of you learn to eat it how it's intended. Buy I fell off the wagon about the last 20-30 days....I got bored with the routines and started mixing things up. Of course I ended gaining again but there were many reasons for that.
    Then a couple years later I started following the 'Beyond Diet' program. Although the emails from the program are nothing but advertisement atempting to get your money, I liked the very basic principal which equates to eating healthy and being active. The program is online and it's totally free. That is if you don't get caught up or sucked into the numerous advertisements.
    I lost all the weight I had gained and dropped more. Myfitness pal was an intregral part of that as I used it daily to track my caloric intake. Plus it helped that I wasn't working at that time. It allowed me to focus on me rather than the next deadline at wrk.

Eating right & exercising really is the key. Self discipline is the hardest thing to do consistently. Especially if you have a busy life. I hope this helped a little.