Fitbit Charge HR

Options
124»

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Charge and I just started syncing to myfitnesspal...does anyone know if you should still add your cardio as exercise or just go by what the steps say? Seems like the calories earned by fitbit steps of doing an hour on the elliptical is much lower than the actual calorie burn if I were to log it separately. Not that I plan on eating the calories...but if I sweat it I want the credit for it lol!!

Id like to know the answer to this too... Do I still need to log cardio manually, or will the fitbit take care of that via its calories burned?

I personally, log the exercises I do in MFP. However, I do not eat back any calories b/c I follow the TDEE method.
  • tyedyechick0930
    tyedyechick0930 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    yansbans wrote: »
    mykaylis wrote: »
    for those of you who already received it - did you order the black one or a different colour?

The "color" ones are on pre-order. It is only the black that people have right now.

Hey just wondering if you've received any news on if your fitbit has shipped? I really want the purple one but they're not available anywhere yet and fitbit.com still says they're on pre-order. :(
  • yansbans
    yansbans Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    for those of you who already received it - did you order the black one or a different colour?

The "color" ones are on pre-order. It is only the black that people have right now.

Hey just wondering if you've received any news on if your fitbit has shipped? I really want the purple one but they're not available anywhere yet and fitbit.com still says they're on pre-order. :(

It still hasn't shipped. When I ordered it was "ships in 6 to 8 weeks". That was 3 weeks ago. :'( Now it is at 8 to 10 weeks. I think that is going by how many people ordered. When I was first contemplating ordering it was 4 to 6 weeks. But I missed that opportunity so I will just have to wait for it.
  • tyedyechick0930
    tyedyechick0930 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

It still hasn't shipped. When I ordered it was "ships in 6 to 8 weeks". That was 3 weeks ago. :'( Now it is at 8 to 10 weeks. I think that is going by how many people ordered. When I was first contemplating ordering it was 4 to 6 weeks. But I missed that opportunity so I will just have to wait for it.

That's what I'm afraid of. I'm not sure what would be faster to order online or wait until it's in stores? I know they have the black ones in the stores. I wonder if they would let me buy the black one and then exchange for the purple when it comes out?...hmmm decisions decisions...
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for the purple one too. Last I heard 10-12 weeks waiting. I am hanging onto my Force until the purple HR is available.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I buckled down and got the black HR at Best Buy. Purple's my favorite color but black goes with everything, amirite?

I love it! Keeps me on track.
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I like mine so far. I haven't had trouble getting it to register heart rate during exercise. I do wear it a bit further up on my arm and during a hard cardio workout the fitbit heart rate reading more or less matched the machine reading. Still need to try it out with TRX/non steady-state cardio but overall I am liking it.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    lili61 wrote: »
    I like mine so far. I haven't had trouble getting it to register heart rate during exercise. I do wear it a bit further up on my arm and during a hard cardio workout the fitbit heart rate reading more or less matched the machine reading. Still need to try it out with TRX/non steady-state cardio but overall I am liking it.

I've done it with my TRX and it struggled. But I've noticed the longer I've worn it the better the HRM has gotten. Idk if it's just used to my body now or what. But it definitely still has room for improvement. It always seems to be paces behind my reg HRM, but it's to be expected.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    I used mine in my TRX class on Monday and it worked continuously. Tomorrow morning (if this night shift doesn't kill me) I have a kettle bell class. I'm curious to see how that works, especially when trying to rack the kettle bell on the forearm. With my Flex I just turned it on my inner wrist, but not sure how this will handle it.

I did get a chuckle out of seeing my two outdoor walks with identical pictures of the heart rates for each, on the hills.
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experiences using it during TRX. I am going to try mine out tomorrow in TRX class and hope it can read heart rate consistently.
  • anna_brown_92
    anna_brown_92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    kiniece wrote: »
    verizon.com had the Charge and Surge in stock yesterday. I got my order in for a Surge and had it overnighted! It'll be here today!! :D

How are you finding the surge?
  • JenNicole11
    JenNicole11 Posts: 1,834 Member
    Options
    Curious to see if anyone else is comparing the One to the Charge HR. Right now my One is showing 12,481 steps and the HR is showing 13,391?? I'm not sure which one is the most accurate!