Ladies! How many calories do you consume a day?

Options
I had a question for my ladies out there trying to lose weight. How many calories do you eat per day usually? I am asking becuase I have my daily goal set to 1,000. Now, I know that is low, but I do eat ALOT of veggies through out the day. So being under 1,000 per day is easy considering most veggies don't have very many calories. I do not starve myself, nor feel dizzy or sick. Is eating only 1,000 calories still to low even though it's all veggies?? Or should I bump it up a bit?
Thank you all for your help and support! :)

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Definitely bump that up!

My calorie goal is set to 1450/day and I'm losing weight doing that. What are your height/weight stats? How much are you trying to lose?
  • nlittle1011
    Options
    1,400/day. was doing 1,200 but it wasn't enough. 1,000 is below the recommended minimum! You won't lose weight that way!
  • mrsmalloryevers
    Options
    I don't think you should go below 1200.
    Plus, if you're only eating veggies.... you're not getting any protein... look into adding some meat/beans!!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton of veggies and rarly could get under 1000 even then. but for me the question would be why? I believe in food and in eating food. for me this is the rest of my life and not some biggest loser competition. I eat 1800 plus a day. my diary is open if you would like to see.

• JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    1700 +/-
  • shelbyfit72
    shelbyfit72 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do 1200 are more-I am doing 40-40-20 plan I have lost my weight doing 1200 calories a day -I lost over 100 pounds
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I eat at least 2500/day and lose (and consume lots of veggies).
    I love food.

You absolutely should up your intake.

ETA: I am 5'2", 130lbs. Your height/weight/activity level may be different than mine.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I eat 2400-2700, depending. Sometimes as low as 2000, sometimes if I'm snacky over 3000. LOL

You should definitely pump your intake up. Maybe try more protein or healthy fats.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    1500-1900.
  • bbbb2015
    Options
    I do 1420, and am losing weight! If you exercise you can "gain" those calories back. I eat a ton of fruits everyday. I think under 1000 is a bit too low especially based on your picture, you look very young and should be on a high metabolism !
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    This really depends on your stats, like height/weight etc. What does MFP tell you that you should be eating? Mine is currently set on 1620 to lose 1.5lb a week. I've been doing pretty good with that.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't eat below 1200 (unless you are extremely petite, sedentary, and older in age). It is extremely difficult (mostly impossible) to get your macros, micros, and vitamins in when you eat less than 1200.

FWIW: I eat 1800 a day and lose. I eat a bunch of veggies, but I also like having food other than veggies in my day so I couldn't have a super low calorie goal.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I eat net 1700...

Unless you're really old and 3 ft tall you should be eating more!
  • labeastette
    labeastette Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do 2100 calories a day. I would bump up your goal. 1000 is very low and you don't want your body to start cannibalizing any muscle you try to build. Also your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to any weight it can so you won't lose. I'd shoot for at least 1400-1500 cals/day. I eat a lot of calories because I lift weights and do cardio. Also, I try to make sure what I eat is pretty clean.
  • Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Around 1600 here.
  • kmayers143
    kmayers143 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should go below 1200.
    Plus, if you're only eating veggies.... you're not getting any protein... look into adding some meat/beans!!

I eat meat as well! Usually for dinner. Chicken, Turkey Burgers, Fish. Also eat eggs, yogurt, beans and other things.
    I do usually workout 2 times per day. So that takes away calories on my diary. But Veggies are mainly what I eat.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    1900-3000 depending on the day. 1000 is way too low. :noway:
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Definitely very low. You may eating a lot of volume by filling up on low calorie veggies, but that doesn't necessarily translate to fueling your body appropriately. It's difficult to get the macro and micronutrients your body needs on so few calories, especially if you're also active.

Read this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

And maybe use a TDEE calculator (http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/) to figure out approximately how many calories you burn in a day and how many you should eat to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable manner.

To answer your question, I always ate between 1500 and 1800 calories to lose weight and lost 86 pounds that way. I maintain around 2000 calories when I'm not especially active, but during the summer when I'm much more active and outside all the time, I maintain my weight at around 2300 calories a day. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are you training for that you need to work out twice a day?
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Mine are generally between 1500 & 2000, depending on the kind of exercise I get, but sometimes as low as 1300 if I sit on my butt all day!