Fats!

Options
I have been doing meal plans for about 6 months now (with the help of a trainer) and just recently started creating my own. I am counting macros/flexible dieting. Although I do flexible dieting I still eat a nutrient rich diet each day, but I am struggling to get my fats in. What do you all use for fats besides cheese, avocado and nuts??

Thank you in advance! :)

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,899 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, 9% is what I buy, butter, olive oil when cooking. And of course, bacon.
  • Shan7usaf
    Options
    I was doing really well, but I have started doing some reverse dieting after a long road of low calories to lose body fat. I now want to increase my calories while counting macros in order to get to my maintenance! I thought about starting to cook with olive oil again. I am currently using the olive oil spray with 0 everything, so that may help! BACON I love bacon!! ha ha.

Well thank you for your reply.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Besides nuts and pb, olive oil is my primary source. I cook most of my food in it and use it to dress salads and sandwiches.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Shan7usaf wrote: »
    I was doing really well, but I have started doing some reverse dieting after a long road of low calories to lose body fat. I now want to increase my calories while counting macros in order to get to my maintenance! I thought about starting to cook with olive oil again. I am currently using the olive oil spray with 0 everything, so that may help! BACON I love bacon!! ha ha.

There is no such thing as 0 calorie oil sprays. It's only 0 calorie er serving, which means < 1/2 calorie per serving, which is often only 1 spray.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Egg yolks, peanut butter, nuts, full fat dairy
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Full fat dairy, eggs, salmon, beef, pork, lamb, peanut butter, avocado, nuts, seeds, the odd sausage roll, doughnut or bowl of ice cream won't hurt either!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

Olive oil has a lot of calories, so it's a lie that the spray is 0 cal. Also, those sprays are loaded with junk. Just use a spray bottle with your own olive oil in it (Misto sprayer).
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What do you all use for fats besides cheese, avocado and nuts??

Olive oil, coconut oil, butter. Olives. Lowfat dairy, and occasionally full fat dairy. Eggs. Meat (including fish).
  • ryanbrowning115
    ryanbrowning115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like yogurt and coconut oil for something different.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Fats are never a problem for me: olive oil, sockeye salmon (lox or gravlax), cheese, peanut butter, nuts, eggs, butter, yogurt.