what supplements do you take?

Options
and why?

I take:
glucosamine and chondroitin supplement - cos im a runner and its supposed to be good for your joints

Cod liver oil - same reason as above

evening primrose oil - to regulate my hormones. Its an absolute wonder drug. Makes such a difference

vitamin E - because its supposed to help with the skin, and scarring, which i have some i want to fade

multivitamin and mineral supplement - for a general top up in case i have anything lacking

occasionally take a protein supplement if i feel im lacking, but not every day

Replies

• Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I take a prenatal vitamin- so I have a good nutrient base when my husband and I start trying to concieve
    magnesium- helps with my muscle pain from fibro

And thats about it other than my trusty Zyrtec for allergies!
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I take a daily multivitamin specially for Vegans and Vitamin D because I have really low Vitamin D.
    Vitamin D can affect your mood and make you crabby and I have noticed a complete difference when I take it. I am so much more open and cheerful than when I don't take it for a couple days.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I only take Vitamin D (live in the NW) and glucosamine/chondroitin, it helps with my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I should add a multi-vitamin too!
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I take vitamin D daily, and omega 3 fish oil a few times a week if i haven't eaten enough fish, and a multivitamin when i feel a cold coming. But i'm going to stop the multivitamin when the packs finished and just eat healthier to get my nutrients from them instead. I'll save some money, plus i've been reading lately that they're useless (unless of course you have a deficiency).
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Chromium Picolante (which is probably spelled wrong) to help metabolize sugar better (and it seems to help with my sugar cravings)

Prilosec for my acid reflux disease - which IS better since I've lost weight, but will likely never go away.

Garlic - just because it is suppose to be good for your heart

I don't take vitamins because they make me break out.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Glucosamine (Because I'm a human bowl of Rice Crispies... snap, crackle, pop every time I move!)
    Calcium + D3 (Milk allergies... which reminds me that I'm out)
    Multivitamin (I've noticed that I get more cravings on days when I don't take one)

I'm thinking about taking omega-3s. I did for a while and it improved my mood. Anyone else have experience with it?
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    women's 1 a day-supports breast and bone health (LOTS of problems with breasts, bones and hearts in my family) and because I want to be sure I get the vitamins in my body 1 way or another
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I really should get back into taking my vitamin D, living in Oregon and all >.>
  • treadingpurple
    Options
    I take the following supplements:
    1. standard multivitamin gummy
    2. vitamin D (perscribed by doctor)
    3. vitamin B-12 injection (perscribed by doctor due to not having the last 1/4 of my small intestine, where B12 is normally absorbed by food and oral supplements)
    4. folic acid (trying to build up a large amount in my system for when I start planning a pregnancy next year)
    5. bee pollen (immune support)
    6. vitamin C (immune support)
    7. Cinnamon (helps reduce fat absorbtion and warms the blood)
    8. kelp (once a week for thyroid support)

When I am sick, I also take echinecia/goldenseal combo, and Pau 'd Arco to help with reduce the severity and lenght of an illness like the cold.

Jessie
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Per Me:
    Flintstones with Iron
    Vit C 1000mg every other day ('cause I smoke and have high cholesterol)
    Per my Doctor:
    Vit D3 2000 IU (low Vit D)
    Tums 2/day (Calcium Supplement)
  • sbowmann
    sbowmann Posts: 9
    Options
    B-Complex 100 - Helps to keep my mood up and balanced

Vitamin D-3 (2000 iu) - Because I'm deficient (think my whole family is) Plus I work afternoons.

Protonix - Keeps the acid down. Gonna see about dropping this, since I no longer eat out and have changed my lifestyle.

Thinking about Flax seed or fish oil; I get my numbers run again in June. Hopefully my cholesterol will be down :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options

I'm thinking about taking omega-3s. I did for a while and it improved my mood. Anyone else have experience with it?

Yeah i used to take a high strength omega 3 supplement and i really noticed my concentration levels improved and my thinking became clearer. Dont know why i stopped taking it. Think i ran out and just never bought more,
  • Franticantics
    Franticantics Posts: 117
    Options
    I take sea kelp, liquid iron, cod liver oil and a multivitamin.

Iron because i'm anemic, cod liver oil because my joints click like anything and have to take a lot of stress from all the dancing, and sea kelp because its high in iodine and it was suggested to me while i'm being diagnosed with i dont know what yet!
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    one centrum performance. half in the morning half at night... its got ginseng and full serving of iron... plus it makes me feel good. i take half in the morning and half at night

protein shake after weight training and only then cause of calories.
    banana after cardio.

sometimes BLACK POWDER! its NOS.... pre work out.... it is awesome ... you get great lifts and ish from it
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    none..

except whey protein..and the only reason i do that is because i'm a vegetarian and i lift weights..so i take it right after i workout..to help with the protein synthesis to build big muscles
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Calcium and vitaman D (my Mom has osteoporisis, I take these to help prevent that.)
    Multivitamin
    Flaxseed (my cholesteral was getting high a few years ago, 2 of these a day dropped it by 22 points. That was before I started eating better)
    CoQ10 (my Dad died of heart disease and had alzhemizers. I read that this was being used to help prevent both. I figured it couldn't hurt to take it.)
  • Peacebone
    Peacebone Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I take a Berroca type multi vit supplement, plus iron supplements and my protetin powder, which has vits for my joints. Normally though, I take vegan society vitamins.
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    ADAM Mens' Multi Vitamins, Xtend workout drink, Power 90 Protein Shake, and Opti Creapure. Trying to lose as little muscle as possible as I burn through my fat so concentration on that.
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin Gummy,, I'm glad I'm not the only adult that takes gummy vitamins, a regular vitamin annoys my stomach due to reflux disease which i can control mostly with diet. I recently began taking cinnamon .. as I'm pre diabetic. Mega red krill oil.. Any only fish oil gives me the fish burps.. mega red is great !!! Also Benefiber with b 12..
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Mutli-vitamin - Just in case I'm not getting enough nutrients from my foods

Calcium Citrate - for my bones

Vitamin D-3 - for calcium obsorption

Iron - I'm anemic and I get seriously anemic very quickly

I will be adding glucosamine and chondroitin supplement to it very soon because my mom said it will be good for my joints since I've starting back running and strength training.