need motivation

Options
so i've been doing MFP for a few weeks now and started losing some weight. however last week i kinda slacked off a bit on keeping track of my cals. does anyone else get bored with having to log in everything they eat? what are ways to stay motivated? i seriously want to lose this weight.

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    YES! I am a picky eater and eat basically the same things every day. I'm so tired of logging the same stuff day in and day out. But, I do it. I do it because it holds me accountable. I can go back later and actually see what I ate that day (course, it is probably basically the same thing I ate today, but...).

I look at my before picture to keep myself motivated. I've come a long way and I refuse to be one of those people who loses weight and gains it all back.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Curiosity is my motivation. Even if I didn't have the goal of maintaining my weight, I'd want to know what I was eating, how it made me feel, and what the nutritional facts looked like. It paints a very telling picture about my day when I do that. I get to make observations... for example, I now know that taking multivitamins helps me curb cravings; artificial sweeteners make me have cravings (especially diet drinks); starting my day with canned tuna and steamed veggies keeps me full for hours without bloating.

All of these observations I've made and have been able to alter my days towards more effectively reaching my goals. But really, as a biology major, it's interesting to me!
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The way I look at it, this is giving me control over my weight loss. Making sure that I'm staying in a calorie deficit is the most important part of that and taking the couple of seconds to log my food every time I eat it is a small price to pay for getting healthy.
  • secogeni
    secogeni Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My motivation is seeing the site tell me how much I would weigh in five weeks if every day were like today. It may not be much, but it's what has been keeping me on track.
  • sbowmann
    sbowmann Posts: 9
    Options
    I track everything. I could be obsessed :)

I like the idea of being able to account for what I've consumed throughout the day. Along with my weight, I want to lower my sodium and sugar intake. Logging helps me to track my progress on those goals.

I've logged everything for over 95 days straight. I know me. If I skip a day, I'll be tempted to skip another and another. It wouldn't be long before I'm finishing off a bag of chocolate...
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone reading these replies helps. i had been logging in everything i ate i slacked for a few days but i''ve gone back to putting down everything. it does seem to help because then i can see where and what kinds of food i need more of. like more veggies or more water.