Over 50 and getting back in shape. Help!

Options
Getting back into it and need motivation. Please add me !

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have cut out the carbs and am walking a min of 1/4 mile a day and it is helping greatly but I was a physical wreck last summer.

Welcome to MFP.
  • karensmith410
    Options
    Thanks Gale! I ♥ carbs but I know they gotta go. Gym in the AM. My goal is to burn 300 calories a day. Fingers crossed..
  • sassans
    Options
    I'm following a vegan low fat diet. So far it is going well. I love carbs and love the fact I can still have them as long as I don't have the add fat such as the butter or sour cream. That was the hardest part for me giving up the butter on the bread. This is a great app for tracking intake.
  • Bookbuyer2015
    Bookbuyer2015 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's harder for those of us in our 50s, no question. I'm new to MFP and would be glad to add you. :)
  • ColleenZ101
    Options
    I'm making small adjustments but hopefully will stick with it! Good luck!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm also over 50 and have about 50 lbs to lose. You will find lots of help here and good advice. Pls feel free to add me ladies. I can't add people from the iPhone.
  • megany11
    megany11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen I'm in my 50s and have been using MFP for about 55 weeks and have lost 20.1 kilos (44 lbs). Slow and steady; logging every day; becoming more mindful of what you're eating and the impact of exercise. Have reduced carbs, increased veg and fibre, and cut out cakes etc. I wish you all the best!