Don't you think your a little obsessed??

Options
13»

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Yeah, people ask and I tell them, "yeap, I AM obsessed. I'm obsessed with my life, my kids, living longer, enjoying every moment and not spending another one sitting on the couch, or the sidelines, watching. I'm obsessed with being a part of the game, not staring at it and wishing I were a part of it."
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the feeback! They were all very good points and I appreciate everyone sharing their opinions with me. I have been struggling with this for a couple of weeks and I believe all your comments validates what I was already feeling. I may seem obsessed, but this is part of my life right now. After she told me that I have been watching what I say about it, but it is kind of hard when they call you and you are just walking out of the gym and they ask, so what have you been doing. LOL. Hopefully in time she will understand. Thanks again!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with the same thing with a good friend. At first we talked about our diet and exercise goals together, because she was trying to lose weight as well. But then she stopped trying, and I kept going. I no longer talk to her about it directly, but other people comment on my weight loss and ask what I'm doing. I hate talking about it in front of her, because she makes negative comments and rolls her eyes and makes faces (incredibly mature, yes?) while I'm talking. I don't feel the need to talk about what I'm doing with people IRL, because of the support I get here at MFP, but when people ask, I tell. I just wish they wouldn't ask in front of her. I know what she's struggling with, but it doesn't make it any easier when she's being a frenemy.
  • sbowmann
    sbowmann Posts: 9
    Options
    Obsessed? Dunno. Maybe. But I do know, that not only am I getting good results, but I know others I talk to are starting to pay closer attention to food labels and make better choices. And that makes me feel good.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    "Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"