New to low carb diabetic lifestyle. lost 46 lbs

Options
I'm new to the forum but iv been using this app for about 2 months. I'm 34 and found out I was diabetic when I was rushed to the hospital. They said my glucose was almost 600. I weighed. 285 lbs. Wow. I couldn't believe it. At that moment I decided to change my lifestyle and get healthy. I have a son and daughter that needs me healthy . I am determined and have lost 46 lbs since. Nov 21 2014. But I need some. Supporters. It gets hard sometimes.

Replies

• mckenzienatosha
    mckenzienatosha Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear any tips or advice. I feel like I lost the 46 lbs quick, within 2 months. But now I feel my weight loss is slowing down for some reason
  • r2345r
    r2345r Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome. Keep up the good work
  • mckenzienatosha
    Options
    Thank you so much
  • Cookylela
    Options
    :D Hi I would love to be a supporter as I had my most of my pancreas out just under a yr. ago and I'm borderline diabetic. Congrats to you on losing 46 lbs. as it's not easy. I lost 50 lbs. and I'm down to 180 but Im having a hard time staying on the diet right now..........I just got back on track for the same reasons as you . I need to be healthy for myself but it's my kids that need me. They are 25 and 21 but they still need me and I want to be here to watch them go into adulthood!! My glucose is under control at the moment and i lowered my a1c ......I hope the same is true for you.........Let me know how i can be of help to you. :) Do you walk?? I hate exercising but it has helped a lot but lowest numbers are always right after a walk. Lisa
  • jillshadow
    jillshadow Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey I am a type 2 Diabetic 2. For 7 years I ignored my Diabetes and recently I had a blood sugar of 600+ and went to the doctor and my a1c was at 11. I decided right then and there that I had to do something about it because I want to be around for my husband and family and friend. I also have hypertension and high cholesterol, so I am looking to lower those as well. I will add you to my friends. I am always looking for diabetic friends!
  • mckenzienatosha
    Options
    Cookylela wrote: »
    :D Hi I would love to be a supporter as I had my most of my pancreas out just under a yr. ago and I'm borderline diabetic. Congrats to you on losing 46 lbs. as it's not easy. I lost 50 lbs. and I'm down to 180 but Im having a hard time staying on the diet right now..........I just got back on track for the same reasons as you . I need to be healthy for myself but it's my kids that need me. They are 25 and 21 but they still need me and I want to be here to watch them go into adulthood!! My glucose is under control at the moment and i lowered my a1c ......I hope the same is true for you.........Let me know how i can be of help to you. :) Do you walk?? I hate exercising but it has helped a lot but lowest numbers are always right after a walk. Lisa

Thank you for your support. I had pancreatitis also. I walk everyday now and I do the Wii fit programs along with a 1200 cal diet. My a1c was 8.7 and is now 7. My sugars are under control. I'm on metformin also once a day. I believe the walking has truly improved my health. But my problem is I love sweets. I only eat sugar free sweets tho.
  • mckenzienatosha
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss
  • mckenzienatosha
    Options
    jillshadow wrote: »
    Hey I am a type 2 Diabetic 2. For 7 years I ignored my Diabetes and recently I had a blood sugar of 600+ and went to the doctor and my a1c was at 11. I decided right then and there that I had to do something about it because I want to be around for my husband and family and friend. I also have hypertension and high cholesterol, so I am looking to lower those as well. I will add you to my friends. I am always looking for diabetic friends!

I'm definitely looking for New friends and supporters because it does get rough. But we can do this! We may slip up but that doesn't mean we have to give up
  • awala94
    awala94 Posts: 11
    Options
    You're in the second stage. Everyone's goes through it when losing weight especially after losing weight quite fast in the first stage. It's where you psychologically think that yeah wow I lost a lot of weight but now I can relax. The only thing is to get back up and make sure you're making exercise and eating healthily as a lifestyle. You can do it for sure!
  • mckenzienatosha
    Options
    Thank you awala 94. I really need to get back into gear. I want to continue this weight loss
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Great job mckenzie. I can tell I feel better every 5-10 pounds I lose. Keep up the good work.
  • mckenzienatosha
    Options
    As do I. Thank you. And u also keep up the good work. We got this
  • mckenzienatosha
    Options
    I try to do the Wii fit on a daily basis I have it set to where I work out to burn no less then 500 cal a day. Although lately iv been doing more walking. I use to sit and do nothing and would get wore out taking a shower. Now I can walk 2-3 miles a day easily. I actually feel more motivated with each pound I lose. I use to hate exercise but now I'm starting to enjoy it. Also I use to crave carbs and sweets so bad but lately iv noticed iv been craving more fruits and veggies. I try to stay around 1200 ish cal a day and less than 100 carbs. But it is hard for me, even tho I know I should be eating less carbs. Some days I may eat 30 carbs all day and some days 120 . But I always include it in my 1200 cals. I lost 47lbs since the end of November but I feel I'm slacking.