Hold on to your butt!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Squats, dead lifts, lunges, hip thrusters.
  • mobee825
    mobee825 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Will the dead lifts help with cellulite?
  • Yawnetu
    Yawnetu Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself a copy of Bret Contreras' STRONG CURVES: A Woman's Guide to Building a Better Butt and Body. Check out his videos on YouTube. The guy knows what he's doing. And most of all, enjoy. Booty building can be fun. :smile:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    mobee825 wrote: »
    Will the dead lifts help with cellulite?
    Sorry, genetics. :'(
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    biking gives you gluts too! and rollerblading
  • vickierivero1
    vickierivero1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    it's too soon to tell if it is helping right now. I have only been at it like 8 days. I am sore (very sore) in my things and lower butt. My butt does feel tight though.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Am I wrong in thinking a deadlift is just a way to do a weighted squat?

Actually, no. Squats and deadlifts, while both work nearly the entire lower body, place emphasis on different areas. A squat will work the quadriceps far more than a proper deadlift should and deadlifts will put more emphasis on the hamstrings and lower back. Both are excellent for working the glutes.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Am I wrong in thinking a deadlift is just a way to do a weighted squat?

Actually, no. Squats and deadlifts, while both work nearly the entire lower body, place emphasis on different areas. A squat will work the quadriceps far more than a proper deadlift should and deadlifts will put more emphasis on the hamstrings and lower back. Both are excellent for working the glutes.

This.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Try reading up on Bret Contreras - he knows everything there is to know on BUTTS

http://bretcontreras.com/about-me/
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    From my experience squats and deadlifts do not help the butt. It still disappeared and when I did squat, whooo so long ago, I was doing butt to grass.

My butt was raised but it was not saved.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yawnetu wrote: »
    Buy yourself a copy of Bret Contreras' STRONG CURVES: A Woman's Guide to Building a Better Butt and Body. Check out his videos on YouTube. The guy knows what he's doing. And most of all, enjoy. Booty building can be fun. :smile:

sorry Yawnetu when I was scrolling through I didn't see this post.