Important Macro question

Options
grandslam2015
grandslam2015 Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I just want to make sure im counting the right macros correctly.

So my macros per meal are carbs 74, protein 40 and fat 18 and Im trying to lose weight

now i am a male and a small guy so this may seem small to the average person.

So this means I amlost need 2 chicken thighs which weigh 100 grams each which have 22 grams of protein each to equal 40 grams of protein in total

And for carbs 1 medium sweet potato which weighs 130 grams only has 26 grams of carbs? so I need to eat 3 sweet potatoes?!

all this seem s like 2 much food? Help please

Replies

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Well most folks would do one sweet potato, a dinner roll or two - maybe a couple of slices of bread instead, and some wine or juice for some extra carbs. You can throw some peanut butter on the bread for more protein ... or a side of beans for both carbs and protein

You mix it up, right, and grains/breads can really stack up the carbs quick.

• grandslam2015
    Options
    Well most folks would do one sweet potato, a dinner roll or two - maybe a couple of slices of bread instead, and some wine or juice for some extra carbs. You can throw some peanut butter on the bread for more protein ... or a side of beans for both carbs and protein

You mix it up, right, and grains/breads can really stack up the carbs quick.

ok thanks, I just seems like a lot of work to figure out how many carbs and protein each vegetable and protein source has and how you have to measure the weight according to that as simply measuring the weight of the food was already time consuming.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    You can eat however many cals/macros you want per meal... just eat some protein if desired, add a carb, etc.

Just put food on food scale, log it with appropriate entries, and monitor your total macros for the day if you want to. I n aturally gravitate towards lower-carb breakfast and lunch and low-fat lunch.
  • grandslam2015
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    You can eat however many cals/macros you want per meal... just eat some protein if desired, add a carb, etc.

Just put food on food scale, log it with appropriate entries, and monitor your total macros for the day if you want to. I n aturally gravitate towards lower-carb breakfast and lunch and low-fat lunch.

interesting way but seems like a terrible way to do it
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

interesting way but seems like a terrible way to do it

... as opposed to the way you used to do it your whole life?

<boggle>

The numbers are guidelines, not hard rules. Get close to your calories. Get close to your macros. Is it really that much extra work? Really?

Remember: failure to do the necessary "work" (if you can really call it that) is what got us here in the first place, right?

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    and this is why apart from aiming for 100g protein a day I ignore my macros and focus on my calories