5"3 130 lbs looking to lose 15

2»

Replies

• trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited January 2015
    Hi, I'm 5'2.5," medium frame and am currently at 137 pounds. Trying to get to 128-130ish. Highest weight was, ugh, 179lbs. I have age against me at 65 years old so it's a struggle, but the weight has come off just very slowly (2lbs. per month). I'm into size 6/8 Petite US right now. Friends and family tell me I'm thin enough but I'm just flirting with a normal BMI number so those last few pounds off will put me closer to where I need to be according to most weight charts. Feel free to add me if you don't mind having a granny on board.
  • abigail659
    abigail659 Posts: 63 Member
    I feel like I can relate to this thread. I'm 5'4 and my goal weight is 125. My highest weight was 156 (june2014) and since joining mfp I was able to lose 22lbs. However, due to holiday slacking, I've gained back 5lbs. I've vowed to make today the day I start my journey again. I want to lose this extra 15lbs to get to 125 and then maintain. I'm also looking for likeminded support and motivation!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    kamack1215 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Can I ask you ladies a question since I stumbled in here? Most of you are saying you're 130 and want to lose 15 pounds. I'm 138 (started at 163) and I can't imagine being less than 130. Like to me, that would be way thin enough for me. Does it not feel thin to you?

I understand what you are saying here. I am currently 5'1.5" and186lbs and my goal is to be 150 (the smallest I have ever been since like 12 years old). I have a VERY big frame when it comes to my shoulders and even when I was in high school at 155 I looked like I was going to fall over and my mom kept telling me I looked too thin. It all really depends on how you feel in your own body; if you feel too thin or think you look too thin then stay at a weight you are comfortable with. Cause in the end, it is you who has to live in your body.

Yeah, I'm 138 now and already you can see my ribs and my bra band is barely a 32. 27 inch waist. I don't see the need to get under 130. I carry my weight in my thighs and hips, which are 39 inches now.
  • skroops
    skroops Posts: 19 Member
    Hello all. I am 5'2" and currently 133, looking to get back to 120. I got there and maintained it for almost a year but then got lazy with logging and working out and gained 20 lbs. :/ I am down 7lbs so far. 13 more to go. Would love some more friends with similar goals. Add me!! :).
  • diannehing7
    diannehing7 Posts: 13 Member
    The hardest part are keeping up with a healthy diet. I tried weight watchers but that stuff isn't too healthy at all. I recently discovered an amazing quinoa salad from superstore! It's ammmmazing. I'm looking for more stuff like that. Suggestions are welcome
  • trina1049
    The hardest part are keeping up with a healthy diet. I tried weight watchers but that stuff isn't too healthy at all. I recently discovered an amazing quinoa salad from superstore! It's ammmmazing.. .

I'm a WW lifetime member and I could only get so far on WW. I didn't really understand the calories in, calories out, nutrition of it all when I was on WW. I ended up giving up, although I did make goal weight once. Maintenance was a problem for me though. I like MFP much better since I've now educated myself about calorie deficits, nutrition, etc. and know what works for me.

As far as healthy eating is concerned, I've had to stop eating restaurant food because of the high sodium content. I don't miss it. I like eating really fresh, nutrient dense foods and since cutting my carbs a bit with a higher protein and healthy fats intake, I don't crave any garbage foods and feel so much better.

• transientcanuck
    transientcanuck Posts: 82 Member
    trina1049 wrote: »
    The hardest part are keeping up with a healthy diet. I tried weight watchers but that stuff isn't too healthy at all. I recently discovered an amazing quinoa salad from superstore! It's ammmmazing.. .

I'm a WW lifetime member and I could only get so far on WW. I didn't really understand the calories in, calories out, nutrition of it all when I was on WW. I ended up giving up, although I did make goal weight once. Maintenance was a problem for me though. I like MFP much better since I've now educated myself about calorie deficits, nutrition, etc. and know what works for me.

As far as healthy eating is concerned, I've had to stop eating restaurant food because of the high sodium content. I don't miss it. I like eating really fresh, nutrient dense foods and since cutting my carbs a bit with a higher protein and healthy fats intake, I don't crave any garbage foods and feel so much better.

Me too. WW did nothing for me, actually. I'm very much motivated by how things work. Once I understand the technicalities of things, I feel like I can apply myself more as there is more meaning behind it.

I was on Calorie Count for a while (which introduced me to calorie counting), and I lost 22 lbs. That was the biggest success I've had with any weight loss plan. Since gaining back some of that weight, I've switched to MFP as I find the food database is more extensive. Both Calorie Count and MFP have taught me the importance of nutrition and the "balance" of calories between protein, carbs, and fat. WW just seemed to have arbitrary numbers.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    I'm your height :) I weigh 114 now, looking to shed this last stubborn fat... :P add me if you want to
  • trina1049
    trina1049 wrote: »

Me too. WW did nothing for me, actually. I'm very much motivated by how things work. Once I understand the technicalities of things, I feel like I can apply myself more as there is more meaning behind it.

I was on Calorie Count for a while (which introduced me to calorie counting), and I lost 22 lbs. That was the biggest success I've had with any weight loss plan. Since gaining back some of that weight, I've switched to MFP as I find the food database is more extensive. Both Calorie Count and MFP have taught me the importance of nutrition and the "balance" of calories between protein, carbs, and fat. WW just seemed to have arbitrary numbers.

This, exactly!! What I find fascinating is playing with the numbers, and I hate math but it's like a puzzle. Making the numbers balance actually takes my focus off the food itself. Food has become fuel to me and I love to make the numbers balance. I know I'm arranging the puzzle correctly when there's weight loss or inches lost. And if they're balancing then my nutritional needs are met and I'm meeting my exercise goals because the exercise adds to the balanced numbers. It's so weird and wonderful. WW didn't do that for me. You're right, WW and other diets I've tried had no meaning for me. Now I see that it's a balancing act; so simple, yet so difficult. Too bad there's no easy button for this.