Bloating?!

Options
Hey all. I've recently lost around 17lbs and although I've lost inches, my stomach has started to become really bloated. And it absolutely balloons after eating even the smallest of meals!

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this?? I eat quite a lot of protein but never heard that it causes bloating... My diary is public so if there's anything that jumps out from my diet that could be the cause please let me know your suggestions.

Replies

• mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It could be due to sodium. Looking at some of your entries, they are missing information. There is no way your fajita spice mix, for example, has no sodium. I personally found I had a lot of bloat if I had a lot of processed protein (protein bars, powders, etc) so that could be possible for you since it seems like you eat a lot of protein bars and such.
  • atomicloser
    Options
    I wonder if taking digestive enzymes with your meal could help. Here's a link to a good report on the subject http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/08/21/enzymes-special-report.aspx

Also having a quick glance at your food diary I think it could be the grains your eating. Oats in the morning and bran flakes later. I've recently given up wheat and other grains after reading such bad things about it and can honestly say the bloat just disappeared. I've suffered terribly with bloating and gas for years. What a relief. This past week I ate some oat flakes for convenience and its back! I'm still not eating bread so not as bad an affect.

In addition from looking at your diary I notice your eating those heavily processed diet health bars. They really can't be doing you any good. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe you could try eating cereal only once a day? Or try cutting the diet bars and by process of elimination discover the culprit.

I Checked the diet bar ingredients on amazon. Like I thought, heavily processed.

Hope this helped.

• CamoGirl1985
    CamoGirl1985 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree with atomicloser... try looking into a digestive enzyme. I take a broad spectrum one with pretty much every meal and it really helps. I have had problems for over a year now and I am constantly trying to find things that help. Also look at the ingredients in your cereals and energy bars. Do they have Inulin (Chicory Root) in them? I found that I am very sensitive to this type of fiber and it makes me bloated within like 30 minutes. A lot of people have a hard time digesting it, so it may be your culprit as well. Hope you find something that helps. I know how miserable it is! Good luck to you! :)
  • sazzyb_
    sazzyb_ Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I've ordered some digestive enzymes and agree that I definitely need to cut down on the processed bars... Didn't really consider that it could be wheat but that would make sense!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Maybe dairy or sodium.. I don't know
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Do you chew a lot of fun or use artificial sweeteners?