Has anyone heard of ...

Options
a product called Isagenix? As a weight gain? Its more or a cleanser weight loss etc but from what I'm seeing can also be used as a weight gainer... thoughts if you have any...

Replies

• LeftHandCyclist
    LeftHandCyclist Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi 2014myyear;

Nope I've never heard of Isagenix and I've been into athletic supplements as related to endurance sports and such for years. So I have some experience with supplements . Personally I'm still an advocate of the following:

1) Talk to your physician and see what she or he has to say. If you feel physician is useless (not listening and blowing you off) then fire the one you got and find one who will listen with a sympathetic ear and who will offer a course of action.
    2) Go to the gym and get some instruction into resistance training along with doing either pilates or yoga on a regular basis. Resistance training is important in that it will add some muscle tone and definition. Pilates is great in that it will give you great muscle tone and flexibility (my daughter(an Irish Dancer) and I go twice a week to pilates).
    3) Strike up some friendships at the gym and talk to people about trying to pick up weight and listen to what they have to say. There are people out there who are in your situation of trying to pick up weight.
    4) Some gyms also have dieticians on staff who can counsel you as to what you should be eating.
    5) As a guy who has a sister who works at FDA I would never use any kind of product like Isagenix that had not been through an FDA approval cycle. It could be dangerous but as always ask your physician!

Good Luck
    Rick
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You probably shouldn't use it for weight gain if it's a "cleanser" since they tend to be designed to increase bowel movements. You can use a weight loss shake like Slim Fast but why? Why not just eat more?
  • 2014myyear
    2014myyear Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Never said I was using it. I've seen it work as a weight gainer but still skeptical. Just wanting to see if anyone else had used the replacement shakes.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    2014myyear wrote: »
    Never said I was using it. I've seen it work as a weight gainer but still skeptical. Just wanting to see if anyone else had used the replacement shakes.

Then the answer from me is simply "no", unless you have trouble eating enough I would say weight gain shakes are the most useless supliment on the market.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Food for the win!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    It's a MLM company. Enough said.