Christmas/Winter Cravings?

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
Man! I am craving all that is "holiday/seasonal" foods. Hot Apple Pie, Sugar Cookies, Candy Canes, Hot Cocoa.. I am really having a hard-time resisting today.

How about you all? What are you craving? What are you going to do about it?

Replies

• amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Man! I am craving all that is "holiday/seasonal" foods. Hot Apple Pie, Sugar Cookies, Candy Canes, Hot Cocoa.. I am really having a hard-time resisting today.

How about you all? What are you craving? What are you going to do about it?
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I am having an 'I dont want food' day, so its actually been hard to eat my cals. :grumble:

However, what I HAVE been craving recently are homemade rolls. My aunt makes the most amazing soft dinner rolls. She made some for Thanksgiving and sent (half cooked so we could cook them the rest of the way and have them warm) them home with us. They are now mocking me from my fridge.

I made Christmas cookies for DH yesterday but I don't have a sweet tooth really, so I am resisting. I also have chocolate mousse left over from Thanksgiving... Holy crap, I just realized I will be eating most of the Thanksgiving leftovers for Christmas if somebody doesn't start cracking! :indifferent:

Good tip if you're craving hot cocoa - warm milk over the stove and stir in the royal chocolate slimfast mix... MMMMMMM.... I love it. :heart:
  • michelle0920
    Options
    I agree with the rolls, but what I REALLY want to make is my Million Dollar Fudge! I'm trying not to do it this year. Oh, and the pumpkin bread!!!!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I had a chocolate chip cookie today from Nestle tollhouse. I hate it!!!!!!
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    I made pumpkin bread for the first time last week. WOW doean't really sound like it would be that great , but I have been dying to make it again ever since.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I made pumpkin bread for the first time last week. WOW doean't really sound like it would be that great , but I have been dying to make it again ever since.

I have two cans of pumpkin in the pantry, is your recipe healthy? Does anyone have a healthy pumpkin bread recipe? I guess I could google it but I trust you all more since we're all in this mode!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Broke down & got some lite eggnog yesterday. :embarassed: Love that stuff! :love:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have cravings. My fav. is homemade lefsa. I have no learned how to make it this year. I dont' know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. LOL

I started getting sugar free hot chocolate and my DH said its better than the reg. hot choc. And you have a few extra calories to put a few mini marshmellows. :tongue:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Good tip if you're craving hot cocoa - warm milk over the stove and stir in the royal chocolate slimfast mix... MMMMMMM.... I love it. :heart:

I don't know how many calories in slimfast but I drink hot cocoa almost every night. I went out and bought dark chocolate baking cocoa and mix that with splenda then I mix all that with light soy milk. I think all together it's 80 calories sometimes I put peanut butter in it and it tastes like a reeses cup :heart: with out all the calories. Sure does satisfy that chocolate craving.:wink:
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    The baking cocoa with peanut butter and sweetener sounds fantastic....
    and I, too, love pumkin bread -- make some before Thanksgiving, and made pumpkin pie for my husband's b'day in mid of Nov since that is his favorite. I don't know how healthy my pumpkjin bread recipe is, but would be happy to share...

I did break down today and buy some mint M and M's... now if I can just make sure to limit myself to just a few each day..... good in hot chocolate too!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I had a chocolate chip cookie today from Nestle tollhouse. I hate it!!!!!!

Don't hate it...unless you went over your calories by 500, you're still in a deficit.
    I had a mini chocolate chip m&m cookie today and I loved it. :bigsmile: Last night I had a white chocolate chip pumpkin cookie and that was great too. :bigsmile: What's the point in living if you hate eating cookies? :wink: :laugh: The point is just not to eat too many.

Of course, I have that problem when my stepmom makes her german sugar cookies and almond cookies and stoelln....mmmmmm. I do love the sugar free hot cocoa, sometimes I drink it cold because I like the chunks in the milk. Is that weird?:huh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I did buy mini 3 musketeers that I have been craving for a long time. Target also has fat free pumpkin pie yogurt. I haven't tried it yet but I bought 3 of them.:laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I do love the sugar free hot cocoa, sometimes I drink it cold because I like the chunks in the milk. Is that weird?:huh:

not weird at all unless I'm weird too!!:blushing: :laugh: My 2 yr. old like hot chocolate and I will put it inher milk cold judt so I can eat the chunks!! :wink:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Cookies! My family is doing a cookie exchange this year. I RSVP'd but might end up dropping off my 2 dozen and running for my life, lol