Mudderella?

Options
So this year I finally decided to participate in Mudderella. I will be doing the Chicago Obstacle. I'm pretty excited to do it! But I do need to get my upper body strength up though :neutral_face: Any training tips? Are there any ladies participating in Mudderella this year? If so where will you be participating?

Replies

• randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm still deciding - but if I sign up it will be for the May 9th in NJ.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
  • 21Gunss
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to do this event! This is the first time I will be doing it as well in Toronto, ON. I have a team already started and were basically there to keep each other focused and motivated!
    Biggest tips I can offer at this point is get a support system; find friends that will do it with you and start a FB group just for your team. Your team can post tips, exercise schedules, and basically anything aimed at keeping you motivated.
    Start training now. I've been running since last July for personal goals. I ran a 5K in November and kept on going. I never want to be in a situation where I am starting over again. It's way easier to maintain then to start. I'm glad I did it this way because it gave me the confidence to sign up for Mudderella.
    I'm in the same boat as you and need to build up upper body strength. I've started some interval and strength training and am hoping to be in better shape by July when my event happens.
    Support is the key! Good luck!
  • 21Gunss
    Options
    http://mudderella.com/events/toronto-2015/

Check this site out for training tips, too. I think there is a weekly segment!