Not losing weight but look leaner? Belly is hard but smaller..

Options
I'm 170 tall and started out at 77-79kg.
I started eating better and adding light exercises.
Over 3 months, i gained up to 83-84kg!!!
But friends around me have noticed that i lost weight off my arms and belly.
I am apple shaped and often only loses weight from my butt and legs.

This time my butt went flat but my legs were slightly bigger. My arms went down alot but my belly is still extremely huge. My boobs became bigger as well.
My belly feels really hard, like as if i have abs. It became tighter as well and doesn't protrude that much when i sits down. And in the morning, i notice a little bend at the side (abs lines?)

What's wrong? Why am i not losing weight? I've added in alot of fruits and cuts down on my carbs. Been drinking some tea as well and my bowel is really good so i don't think it's from the waste.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You lose weight from a caloric deficit.
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    hey marie! awesome job getting started. So you most likely have gained alittle bit of fat BUT you have gained muscle as well, you are probably noticing those changed because no that you are developing some more muscle your body carries the weight better! which is awesome. keep doing the exercise especially now that you know they work, now lets just tweak your diet a bit, Ill message you so we can see what needs to be fixed, ready to kick some butt?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    hey marie! awesome job getting started. So you most likely have gained alittle bit of fat BUT you have gained muscle as well, you are probably noticing those changed because no that you are developing some more muscle your body carries the weight better! which is awesome. keep doing the exercise especially now that you know they work, now lets just tweak your diet a bit, Ill message you so we can see what needs to be fixed, ready to kick some butt?

Light exercises do not build muscle, particularly in women...if she was doing progressive weight training then possibly

Eat a defecit to lose weight ...weigh and log and see how you go..you may well have water weight from switch up of exercise, excess sodium and hormones
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You lose weight from a caloric deficit.

yep.

OP, what type of exercise routine do you have?