Frozen dinners

Options

Replies

• shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I do LC..when I want pizza, they have it..I like their steamers line.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Been eating them for over 4 years. An important part of my success, I would say, because convenience.
  • searsvls
    searsvls Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I like to try to make my own but sometimes have to rely on the frozen dinners. I purchase Amy's, Cedar Lane, or Healthy Choice 100% Natural. I at least feel a little better about them not being so processed.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    SmartOnes, Lean Cuisine, Stouffers, Atkins...they all have some great ones and some "yucky" ones.

Some winners IMHO are
    • Any of the SmartOnes or Lean Cuisine spaghetti & meatsauce/meatball/lasagna
    • Lean Cuisine Chicken Fajita Spring rolls are delicious...get these...bring them to the office....share...everyone will start bringing them - delcious
    • SmartOnes Ham & Cheese Scramble
    • Atkins - any of the scrambled egg ones...I like the bacon one best...but they are all good.

I also like the Chicken Parm & meatloaf and mashers by lean cuisine - but these definitely taste like grade school cafeteria food...but so what - I like them :-p
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nope. I cook extra portions of home made food & freeze them.
  • amylynn82784
    amylynn82784 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do not eat any of those frozen dinners. They are filled with preservatives and sodium. Just make your own. :)
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I think they have really improved on these meals and they really do help me stay in line with portions and calories. I just add some seasonings or veggies. Works well for me.
  • ace1028
    ace1028 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pretty rarely. I do sometimes like Amy's Organics and I am a fan of Morningstar Farms vegetarian foods, and the occasional BOCA patty. It really depends on what you're looking for - if you like them - use them - if you don't, don't! (Captain obvious, I know.)
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Never. I cook my own meals, place them in Tupperware, and freeze them. Too much sodium in commercial frozen meals for my liking.
  • bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I often eat them for lunch at work. I eat a "cottage pie" one and add baby minted peas and a squirt of tomato sauce. I think it's yummy.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I don't own a microwave, but I've occasionally used them while in a jam for work. Lean Cuisine tastes like watery plastic faux-food to me, though. If I have to eat one, I'd choose Amy's, Stouffer's, or President's Choice (Canadian brand). A lot of Stouffer's meals have the same calorie and fat content as Lean Cuisine meals, but they taste a lot better/heartier. I'd suggest comparing the nutritional values on regular vs. diet/light brands and seeing which work for you.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a frozen meal for lunch on Mondays, when we have no leftovers. I get one of the wheat-free ones.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own meals and freeze them. I find the frozen meals don't feel me up at all. I think if they work for you then go for it. They just don't work for me. I will say I love the BOCA burgers and some morning star stuff if I want to add something to a salad.
  • freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I make my own food but every once in a while I will eat an Amy's frozen dish just because it's convenient. The sodium in those kill my blood pressure. I am trying to eat whole, unprocessed foods in general. It's tough but that's my goal.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Ew! They're all salt and the portions are ridiculously tiny.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    LOVE the Stouffer's macaroni and cheese - not particularly 'healthy,' but worth every calorie!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a fan. They're not filling to me and most don't taste that great. I'd much rather make a big batch of something (soup, casserole, etc) and eat the leftovers.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Just the occasional frozen pizza, these days.

Fun fact: About 14 years ago I had some Healthy Choice fettucini alfredo which had such an artificial taste that it put me off fettucini alfredo of any type for about a year.
  • Instantfun
    Instantfun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has the "cheese" in SmartOnes changed? It used to be repulsive, and I stopped buying that brand. I prefer Lean Cuisine and Amy's. The Lean Cuisine pizzas are Off. The. Chain.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I cook most of my own food and find most frozen dinners to be mushy, and nothing like they appear on the picture on the box. But there are a couple I like and have occassionally...

Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer Beef Teriyaki (I add extra veggies)

e0sb3hsefig7.jpg

Trader Joe's Family Style Meat Lasagna

jc5t41f1t4y5.jpg