Nia Shanks - Beautiful Badass Program

Options
Hi all,

Looking to start a strength routine -- wanted to do Stronglifts but I'm pretty new to lifting so this might be overly ambitious -- has anyone tried Nia Shanks Beautiful Badass Program?

Any results, tips, or experiences are very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I was a beginner to lifting when I started Stronglifts. It's an easy to follow program and it doesn't take up too much time.
  • Hmmm ok, this is good to know. I am just concerned about form as I have never used barbell weights before and the personal trainer at my gym strongly DISCOURAGED me in doing so, which was quite de-motivating!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    ??? I can't imagine any good trainer NOT recommending weights! Something is definitely wrong there. Hope you didn't take other advice from them. First and foremost, learn proper form, but definitely start weight training.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Nia Shanks is awesome!!! I never did Beautiful Badass but I have done 54321 and am in the last phase of Muscle sculpting.Maybe you should check out her Train to Be Awesome program. It is for beginners and uses weights.

<
    She helped me build this
  • Nia Shanks is awesome!!! I never did Beautiful Badass but I have done 54321 and am in the last phase of Muscle sculpting.Maybe you should check out her Train to Be Awesome program. It is for beginners and uses weights.

<
    She helped me build this

Somehow missed this -- WOW... that's amazing! Gonna look it up :)
  • jlambert77
    jlambert77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just started(this week) the 12 week dumbbell and bodyweight program...finished week 1 and I'm so happy with it. I'd HIGHLY recommend anything Nia Shanks, she's easy to get in touch with too. :)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Nia is awesome. Love her :) Are you a member of her FB group train to be AWESOME and Lift like a girl?
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I wanted to follow-up with the posters on this thread how did it go? I am thinking of using her start program... thanks for the imput
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I have Nia's Beautiful Badass program. It isn't just one program, there are many different ones included to choose from. I absolutely love it. And I love getting her email/blogs.