30 Day Shred: the Mothers Day Edition

Options
So I started my third round of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred on May 2. I lasted 3 days this time, and have since taken the past three days off. Well, my mom and I did our first round of the Shred together, stayed accountable to one another, and made it all the way through. I've since completed a second round with pretty decent results. I'm now refreshed and ready to officially begin my third round of the Shred TODAY, Mother's Day, right alongside my mother again!!

If any of you would be so inclined as to join us, we are beginning today -- she's already begun and I'm about ready to get started, just as soon as this is posted -- please feel free to hop on board here for mutual support, encouragement and such. Even if you're not starting today, if you're thinking of starting in the near future, we'd love to hear from you.

Have a GREAT Mother's Day, to all you great, wonderful, STRONG, beautiful women out there!

Replies

• HeatherYevette
    HeatherYevette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    :) I just started the shred yesterday. I am pretty sore today after just one workout. Glad to be here for some support!
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :) I'm on day 16 so far...It's the farthest I have made it so far and I've tried doing the Shred 3 or 4 times before and only made it to about day 12 or 13. Good luck!
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start it tomorrow, since i wanted to start today but pulled a muscle in my back walking down the stairs somehow. Can hardly move my arm.

It's my first time, but i'm hoping for good results..
  • momwifenurse021406
    momwifenurse021406 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the mail and should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to get it!
  • slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    I love that you are doing this with your mom!! I am on day 11. First time doing the shred. I love that it kicks my butt everyday. Today was first day of level 2! I was dying and couldn't breathe, but loved the feeling when I was finished!! Good luck to you and your mom!
  • marianeo
    marianeo Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Its great that you are doing this with your Mom - great encouragement to each other!. I am on day 6 of the 30 day shred, still on level 1, I'm definately a lot better at it now than I was on day 1(endurance wise), and am looking forward to level 2....although I have checked ahead and it looks SOOOOOOOO much harder than level 1 :smile:
  • karinane
    karinane Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 11th day and just did my first workout on level 2. It killed me! I think I would have to do a full 30 days on level 1 before I'd be ready for 2 :) I'm going to try to push through it though. I can already feel that the muscles in my legs and abs are a lot stronger, and my weight loss is progressing at the same rate with 25 mins less workout time each day.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping my DVD will arrive in the mail tomorrow! If so, I will start it right away! Excited to see what results I will have and hoping it will get me out of this awful plateau!!! Goodluck!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    HeatherCrain -- Welcome! Keep the momentum going, it's well worth it. :)

aanddplusoanda -- Thank you! Best wishes to you too... you can do it! :)

talysshade -- Sorry to hear about the pulled muscle; hope it feels better soon. Best wishes on beginning the Shred!

momwifenurse0214 -- Exciting!! Let us know when you get it. :)

slimrb2011 -- Thank you! My mom is a tough, determined lady! She and I are much alike and can definitely keep one another motivated. It's great to have a group here, too, for added accountability. Best wishes on your Shred journey! :)

marianeo -- Thank you, and great job so far!! Keep up on it and your endurance just keeps getting better. I won't lie, Level 2 is my least favorite level... but, it's tough for a reason, great results! :)

karinane -- Great work so far! I did mostly beginner level moves throughout my first time around. My second time around, I was kind of in between, intermediate. This time, I'm working toward more and more advanced (Natalie) moves. Slowly but surely. :)

Ashleypeterson37 -- Best wishes!! It definitely delivers results when we push ourselves beyond what we "think" we can do. It's truly amazing!! :)

Thank you, all of you for joining me on this journey, no matter if you've already started, or if you're starting soon. I wish you all the very best -- here's to determination, motivation and great results!! :)
  • andrea2011ka
    andrea2011ka Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight as well - nice to have a group of people going thru it....I'd love to get to Day 30 this time. Good luck everyone & Happy Mother's day to all the Mom's!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I'm starting tonight as well - nice to have a group of people going thru it....I'd love to get to Day 30 this time. Good luck everyone & Happy Mother's day to all the Mom's!

Happy Mothers Day! Good luck to you too... we can do it!! :-D
  • ang2803
    ang2803 Posts: 39
    Options
    I think I will do this too. I did it yesterday on level 3 but I think I will start over with level 1 and work my way to level 3 again. I am just in a spot of frustration where I am not happy with the speed of my weight loss. I am looking forward to our running and this 30 day shred to speed up the weight loss!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Im also starting tommorw,Im kinda wooried though,but will see how it goes.I could also use some encouragement.If anyone wants to help and just beggining this,I would love to do it together.Please add..thnx and good luck to all of you.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Ang -- AWESOME!!! I'm taking some before pix & measurements tonight. Will weigh in with my official before weight tomorrow morning. I'm SO looking forward to our running together a few times a week, plus completing the Shred at the same time too. We're gonna ROCK this! :)

Busymama26 -- Thank you for the friend request. :) If you have any questions along the way, definitely don't hesitate to ask; we're all here to help one another along! I say as long as our form is good, it matters not what level (beginner, intermediate, advanced) we perform each move at. Just do your very best along the way, be determined to stick with it, let us know how it's going for you, and we'll all make it through together! Best wishes. :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Day 2 Level 1 completed this evening. How are all of you doing??
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I have been sick for the past couple of days. I will be back in action on the Shred starting tomorrow morning AND I intend to double up a day or two to "catch up". It'll be good for me to get back in action full force! :-D

How's the Shred going for you??
  • pennylane986
    pennylane986 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Started Friday night (Day "1" because I workout and train, too. This is a side project).
    Did Boot Camp taught by my trainer @ 24 in lieu of shred Saturday (its a 60 minute killer workout for people in personal training) plus Cardio for 30 mins.
    Sunday was Mother's Day, shredded before bed.
    Monday I did Cardio (350 cals burned) plus Shred Day "3" (150 cals) for a 500 cals burned day!
    Tuesday I did cardio intervals with lower body machines (5 machines at 20 reps times 3 sets each) and 30 mins. Arc trainer :)

Need to burn 500-600 today if I want to enjoy dinner for my Aunt's birthday. I am doing 1540 cals a day, and yes, I totally eat back my exercise cals. UGH.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Wow, great work, pennylane986! Sounds like a busy workout schedule!! :)

This morning, I ran for 15 minutes before tackling Day 3 Level 1 of the Shred... finally feeling better now!