• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    It sounds horrible.
  • gildedbutterfly90
    Options
    It sounds horrible.

How so?

I don't mind people saying that but at least add something constructive.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    My BMR is 1,600

I'm not sure how many calories I consume. For example with the handmade crackers how would I be able to work out the calories in those?

I plan on doing HIIT for 30/40 minutes 4 times a week.

If you make homemade foods, use the recipe option under Food tab. You definitely need to know how many calories there are in every thing you eat so you know how many calories you are really eating..

If you are not exercising yet but you plan to, go here and put your stats in and see if MFP has your plan setup right. http://calorieline.com/tools/tdee

But until you start logging food correctly you will not get accurate amount of calories you are eating each day to know if you need to eat more or less.

Again, you don't say how many calories your meal above actually really is.. It seems small but how much chicken, how many handmade crackers and what is the cracker made from...

Well I was just trying the recipe builder now.

And I'm sure if I was doing it right but I put 2 servings of 100g of Pink Sun Coconut Flour and it 826 calories!!

Surely that cannot be right?

Just seems a hell of a lot.

100g of coconut flour would likely be over a cup of flour. Is that how much you used in your recipe (and are you weighing your ingredients)?
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1,600

I'm not sure how many calories I consume. For example with the handmade crackers how would I be able to work out the calories in those?

If you make homemade foods, use the recipe option under Food tab. You definitely need to know how many calories there are in every thing you eat so you know how many calories you are really eating..

If you are not exercising yet but you plan to, go here and put your stats in and see if MFP has your plan setup right. http://calorieline.com/tools/tdee

But until you start logging food correctly you will not get accurate amount of calories you are eating each day to know if you need to eat more or less.

Again, you don't say how many calories your meal above actually really is.. It seems small but how much chicken, how many handmade crackers and what is the cracker made from...

And I'm sure if I was doing it right but I put 2 servings of 100g of Pink Sun Coconut Flour and it 826 calories!!

Bob's Red Mill coconut flour is 30 calories for .2 ounce (about a tablespoon or 5.6 grams) so 100 grams would be about 535 calories of that brand.

Those paleo crackers might be kind of high cal! How many crackers do you get for 100 grams of that flour?

55835802.png

• gildedbutterfly90
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    My BMR is 1,600

Bob's Red Mill coconut flour is 30 calories for .2 ounce (about a tablespoon or 5.6 grams) so 100 grams would be about 535 calories of that brand.

Those paleo crackers might be kind of high cal! How many crackers do you get for 100 grams of that flour?

55835802.png

Usually around 12.

I wouldn't eat them all in one sitting.

I was aiming for 4 a day, but now I think it should probably just be 2.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I think this is a question only you can answer, each person is different. Once you plug the numbers into your diary you will know if they fit your plan. I know that I would be hungry much of the day if that was my diet.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    It sounds horrible.

How so?

I don't mind people saying that but at least add something constructive.

You didn't ask for constructive criticism, you asked if it was a good diet, and to "judge away."

But it basically sounds like you're trying to eat the same thing every day, probably in an attempt to make the nutrition side of things as easy as possible.

Nutrition is arguably the hardest part of being fit and healthy. There are so many options out there, and it's so easy to pick up the phone and order take out. I understand wanting to try and eliminate the thinking involved with your daily meals, but if you're going to be eating only that, I give you two weeks tops before you fall off the wagon.

In my experience, those that are the most restrictive tend to fall off the wagon hardest, going on a the day unhealthy bing food binge, while the people that know how to work in a good healthy variety of foods and Tata, tend to stick to their plan the best. And when they do make a "bad food choice" they don't throw the baby out with the bath water. They shrug it off and keep going.

Rethink your diet." It'll be better for you.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how to help.. I don't think the food is logged in her diary and we don't know if she is under eating or not.. But if her tracker is correct, weight loss has been achievable and I presume by eating like this..
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    My BMR is 1,600

55835802.png

Usually around 12.

This is why it is absolutely imperative that you log the food that you're eating.

I cannot even begin to tell you how many "recipes" i see on social media and online that are
    "OMG SO HEALTHY!" and "Paleo!" "Clean!" etc. that are SUPER high in calories and ridiculous.

I think the worst one i saw was a "clean eating guilt-free fudge" 1,240 cals with like 91g fat, 66g carbs, as 30g protein. I was just shaking my head... the stupidity! It als seems they are always heavy handed with the same things "Avocado, coconut oil, nut butters, dates" and so on which are SUPER high in calories.

In regards to your diet though, if you enjoy what you're eating and you're able to stick to it long term then go for it! I personally like something more filling for breakfast, lunch i'd add some meat r protein without a shake, and i'd bulk everything up with more veggies and fruits.
  • arostganomo
    Options
    I don't get why people are worrying about how your diet is not varied and may have too few calories. It certainly looks like that would keep me more than full (assuming the regular portion sizes).
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people are worrying about how your diet is not varied and may have too few calories. It certainly looks like that would keep me more than full (assuming the regular portion sizes).

I am assuming it is because the OP asked. What she posted isn't a "diet". It's a days worth of food.

• gildedbutterfly90
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    So you're just going to eat the same thing every day? That sounds insane.

No of course not, I'd say this would just be a typical day.

I'd be living a very miserable life if I ate this every single day.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Usually around 12.

That's the crux of it. Bam! Log your food. You will discover whether what you're eating is "healthy" (helps you meet your calorie and nutrient targets) or not. A bag of Lay's Potato chips can be part of a healthy diet, and a serving of broccoli can be one too many. Log, log, log!

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Telling us what you ate and not how much of it tells us nothing.

Log your food for a couple of weeks and then check back.
  • gildedbutterfly90
    Options
    Telling us what you ate and not how much of it tells us nothing.

Log your food for a couple of weeks and then check back.

Yes learning that now haha.

Big eye opener!
  • gildedbutterfly90
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

I am assuming it is because the OP asked. What she posted isn't a "diet". It's a days worth of food.

Well I was referring to this definition of diet actually.

"The kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats"
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    14 stone puts you at 190 pounds or so and that seems like a paltry amount of food - you should look into calculating your TDEE and actually figuring out macros for yourself - you wont be able to adjust to making that weight loss permanent unless you make it a part of your life but thats just MHO
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'd say no. Especially if you're going to do 45 minute hiit workouts. Those are no joke, you're going to need fuel. I only do 20 minutes of hiit and that's enough for me. If you run your body too low you'll just be losing that muscle you're trying to build
  • gildedbutterfly90
    Options
    Well I've added it all up and it's - 1,132 calories .... which probably isn't enough.