Drinking Water??

Options
LH2011
LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
Ok so I tried before to drink the 8 glasses a day thing. I filled up a container in the fridge and used it as a guide. Drink what I was meant to every day for about a week but had to cut back. Why?? Well basically I was peeing every half and hour I couldn't even drive to the school to collect the kids and back!!! Was that normal??

Replies

• yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Were these 8 oz glasses? I do need to go regularly, but more like every 2-3 hours. My standard glasses hold 2 cups of water, which is 16 oz. Maybe you're doubling your water intake?
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    very normal. Your body will adjust.
  • LH2011
    Options
    Glass size varied what I did was filled a container with a total of 8 glasses. Had a large glass first thing in the morning then after that just tried to drink from it on and off right through the day having large glass with lunch and dinner??
  • DarkDiva2005
    DarkDiva2005 Posts: 140
    Options
    I know that I go to the bathroom like that but I'm drinking upwards of 16 8oz glasses a day. You may be drinking more then you realize, because many cups are not 8oz they are most likely double or even triple that.
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What goes in, should come out.
  • LH2011
    Options
    If body will adjust how long does that normally take??
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    it sounds pretty normal. I drink almost double that, but because i am breastfeeding I need the extra fluid to maintain my milk supply. and I still feel sometimes like my back teeth are floating. I haven't had anything else to drink besides the odd coffee for the last three weeks and my skin loves me for it.... your body will adjust!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It's normal, and your body will get used to it. I've learned to drink a moderate amount in the morning when I can't get to a restroom easily (I'm a teacher and can't leave my classroom) and then drink more in the afternoons and early evening. So far, it is working for me!! The water is important though, so you really don't want to cut it out!!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    8 glasses of water is 64 ounces or half a gallon.
  • LH2011
    Options
    Thanks will start back again tomorrow I know its important and only drinking about a glass a day now
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yes it's very normal. I pee every 15 minutes sometimes due to the amount of water I drink.

At least I know my body is being flushed of toxins. I have to drink as much water as possible seeing that my fat cells are releasing toxins every day as I lose weight.

I would highly recommend drinking lots of water during the weight loss process especially for people who have a lot to lose.
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have resisted drinking all the water I am supposed to because of the same concern (hated the idea of waking up ever 2 hours at night) but once I started to drink more fluids with some regularly it started to become less bothersome and I'm not waking up at all. I think it took me about a week to adjust. I think my body has been in a state of near dehydration for such a long time because of my lifestyle (I drank plenty of coffee and diet soda but not water) that at first it retained the water, then it rid itself "often", and now I hardly even seem to notice. One of the biggest benefits I have noticed is that I have more energy! Who'd a thunk it?!!!
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    it took a week or so before I stopped peeing constantly. Even now I only drink a little over half the recommended amount, but before I was lucky to get one 8oz glass in a day, so that's a huge change. If you go from not drinking any water to all 64oz, that's HUGE, maybe start with half and work your way up.
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss total is AMAZING! If you lead I will follow :flowerforyou: because you clearly are figuring out what is working for you.
  • JMJohnson98
    JMJohnson98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try drinking in smaller amounts (sipping) throughout the day. I've notice that when I gulp down water I have to go more often.

Keep up with the water. It helps to regulate the body. I feel a difference when I cut back for a day or two. I tend to get tired more quicker when exercising.
  • Ynnep1000
    Ynnep1000 Posts: 24
    Options
    I hear you about the water! I feel pretty proud of myself when I can choke down a glass or 2. It aint easy!
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water....refused to drink it, I'd go without drinking if all I had was water. Then I started to force myself to drink it. I have a whiteboard, and for each 24 ounce bottle I drink I put a little mark, and I will have a goal for each day. I started out with two bottles, then worked my way up to four or five. I've now switched to a 1.5L bottle, and my goal is 2 bottles a day, sometimes 3 depending. On the days I work multiple horses, I've gotten up to 4 or 5.

Your body does have to adjust, when I first started I was peeing ALL THE TIME. Now it's not so bad. :)
  • supersecretsquirrel1877
    Options
    I am still waiting for my body to adjust to all the water I drink. I notice that all the water combined with any type of stimulant like caffeine or the occasional Monster Absolutely Zero makes me have to go even more, I attribute that to my excess bathroom trips too. I have been drinking only water and 2 cups of coffee a day for 2 months now....anytime now my bladder/body can adjust. My co-workers get so tired of me excusing myself to the bathroom. I work for 911 so I can't just get up when I want too, I have to have someone available to cover me.
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    I have noticed over the years that afterabout3 weeks to a month that mine is adjusted.It's probably good to be going that often because it indicates your kidneys are healthy. I actually read that if a person doesn't get enough water, that can make their tissues hold onto water and swell.
  • vauleese
    vauleese Posts: 75
    Options
    Someone on here posted a link for a site that tells you how much water you need to drink in a day....not everyone is at 8 cups. Some of us (like me) need more. I have a 33oz water bottle. I fill it up 4x a day and drink that. I have to pee all the time but it's worth it to get my kidneys in the green.