Detox water!

Options
2»

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling attacked lol! I don't know anything about this stuff that's why I'm on here trying to learn! And I've heard it from different people

Sorry, that's not the intent. We just see posts like yours a lot, but I'm glad to see you're receptive to just doing weight loss the old-fashioned way. There really are no shortcuts. Well, none that are safe and effective, that is.
  • robinmmurphy3
    robinmmurphy3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Don't worry Kayla....I don't think they mean it as an attack. I just think they meant to joke and be funny. Don't take it personal. Once you figure out something that is healthy and works for you, just do it....not matter what anyone else says.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling attacked lol! I don't know anything about this stuff that's why I'm on here trying to learn! And I've heard it from different people

These kinds of questions pop up a lot. It's not an attack on you; it's an attack on all of the misleading and wrong information that's out there. It's good that you asked the question instead of blindly believing what you heard/read.

Keep at your workouts and calorie deficit. May is far enough away that you should be able to get decent results by then!
  • kaylamangrum745
    Options
    No I understand! Lol. I haven't tried the water "detox" I was just asking if it would help at all. But thanks for all of the help! :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    530roman wrote: »
    Is this like regular water or.......

The stuff that I usually see is water mixed with some kind of diuretic (dandelion root or such). It makes you pee a lot, but that's about it.

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    You want to LOSE weight. You want your pants to be LOOSE.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you're going to the beach - learn how to swim! That's all you should worry about B)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »

Fantastic insight.
  • awesomewastaken
    awesomewastaken Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with drinking infused water and it's certainly healthier than soda or juices. I can't say whether the detox claims are true or not, but I love drinking lemon water (water with lemon slices, or lime or peppermint or cucumber or all of it!). And drinking enough water is said to be very helpful to weight loss, so go ahead and drink it! Just make sure you don't add any sugar to it.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Even if it did work, you'd probably put it all back on again anyway. I think 15lbs by May is really do-able, depending on what size you are now, and how faithful you are to accurately tracking your food (that's why a food scale was suggested...it's amazing how "off" we can be when we "eyeball" it or even use measuring cups/spoons...)

Not only that but some of the nutrition info here in the database can be off or incomplete. You have to *know* exactly what you're eating, and *exactly* how much of it you are eating every time you put something in your mouth. If you drink coffee and put milk and sugar in it, you need to log that milk and sugar - amazing how that adds up!

And I love drinking water - it's my best "diet" tool - it does keep me feeling good and helps me feel "full."

:smiley:
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »

Fantastic insight.

Thank you!
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I think drinking infused water is a great idea - especially if you don't like the taste of water on its own.

Detox anything in general doesn't work....and even if it did and you lost a ton of fat..what you're really doing is releasing all the toxins that were stored in your fat into your blood stream all at once! No good.

Cut calories. Workout. Drink more.

Good luck!
    I'm sure no one here meant to attack you...and if they did...meh...just another faceless person on the internet to ignore.
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Yes, some people are making fun of you because you asked a question that indicates you don't know as much as they do.

Don't worry about them.

Instead, focus on what ndj said:
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    if you lost a pound a week between now and may you could probably drop about 12 ...but it is going to take calorie deficit, accurate logging, and hard work ..and not some magical detox water..

I would suggest putting your stats into MFP for 1 pound per week loss and eat to that number, and get a food scale and weigh/log/measure everything.

As a fellow beach goer, I would also suggest a heavy lifting program so you can rock that bikini...:)

5x5 and stronglifts are great programs.

I've bolded the essential parts -- count your calories and do strength training.

If you don't know how many calories you should be eating, try the Scooby Calculator and read the stickies in the General Weight Loss section.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with drinking infused water and it's certainly healthier than soda or juices. I can't say whether the detox claims are true or not, but I love drinking lemon water (water with lemon slices, or lime or peppermint or cucumber or all of it!). And drinking enough water is said to be very helpful to weight loss, so go ahead and drink it! Just make sure you don't add any sugar to it.

Because then it would be lemonade?