Extreme Weight Loss TV Show

Options
2»

Replies

• BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched the show, but I did lose 260lbs over 2 years, and have maintained it for 2.5 years now.

For me, it was a matter of finding lasting motivation to make a change. I my case it was my kids. I want to be there for them and set a good example for them. I want to see them graduate, have families, and be able to play with my future grandkids some day.

The other part was not making temporary changes. Getting fit/healthy and staying there is a lifestyle, not a fad diet. I still go the gym 5 days a week at 6am, I still run and bike during lunch at work. I was never a morning person, but quickly learned the only way to make sure my workouts happened was to do them first thing in the morning, before anything could de-rail me. I was never a morning person, but I decided that getting fit was more important than staying up late to watch late night TV and started going to bed early so I could do those early morning gym sessions.

One important thing I learned at the gym is that really fit people look like they do, because they bust their butts to look like that. They didn't win a genetic lottery. There is no magic, just hard work and dedication.

I've taken a rather long time to lose 155 pounds and not slipped back.
    What's your secret? Continuous logging or is it how active you are?
    Congrats btw! :drinker:

Thanks!

No secret. I'm just doing the same things I did when I losing the weight, but with a higher calorie count. I still log most of my food, and I still workout very regularly, both weight lifting and cardio (running and biking). Doing both of these things is part of my life now.

I've been logging meals for so long now, that it barely takes anytime out of my day. The exercise has become something I look forward to. I love challenging myself, and doing things that I could never have done before.

I think that the mistake a lot of people make is going back to their old habits once they lose the weight. Since those old habits got them overweight in the first place, they will do so again after the losing the weight.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This.

I failed a few times before because I reverted back to had habits. I know I cannot do that this time and plan to follow a lot of what the above poster described.

I saw some episodes of this show on youtube yesterday and was totally fascinated and moved. There were some really special individuals featured and I was so happy they achieved their goals. Watching Brandi do a half Triathlon or Chantell run a "marathon" in cold rainy Paris by herself was so inspiring. I was crying my eyes out! You literally saw them transform inside and out. I also watch the one with the former gymnast. She was like 44 years old and looked incredible at the end. Also the one with the DJ who lost 137lbs in his first 90 days.

I was wondering if they kept the weight off. I hope so. I agree with prior posters that these individuals had hit their own "rock bottom" and that was instrumental in their successes.
  • larapdab
    Options
    I lost 15 pounds my first mounth. www.goodmorning.am We own the site. Im shooting to lose 60 to 80 pounds. I feel confident I will now.