Egg Farts

Options

Replies

• myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about farts that smell like eggs, not farts caused by eggs. I'm surprisingly disappointed.

Hahaha. Well for me it is farts caused by eggs that smell like eggs.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Fun fact: vegetarians pass more gas (due to fiber) but those who eat more meat/dairy/eggs are more potent (due to increased sulfur content).

I usually go for quality over quantity.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a kids birthday party tomorrow, so the plan is to siddle up near a kid and let them rip and I walk away blame free . . . .
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    hollia13 wrote: »
    Yes, eggs and everything else I eat causes farts. Having gas in some situations (like the office) can be troublesome but I sure wouldn't be concerned at the gym.

Obviously you haven't had one slip out on someone near you in a CXWORX class....not fun, and more than a tad embarrassing. lol....

I have enjoyed reading this thread so much more than I should have... :p

People sweat, grunt, moan, pant while working out, what's a little gas? It isn't like you are the only one, everyone breaks wind regularly. Each of us passes gas on average 14 times per day for a half liter of gas.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    hollia13 wrote: »
    Yes, eggs and everything else I eat causes farts. Having gas in some situations (like the office) can be troublesome but I sure wouldn't be concerned at the gym.

Obviously you haven't had one slip out on someone near you in a CXWORX class....not fun, and more than a tad embarrassing. lol....

I have enjoyed reading this thread so much more than I should have... :p

People sweat, grunt, moan, pant while working out, what's a little gas? It isn't like you are the only one, everyone breaks wind regularly. Each of us passes gas on average 14 times per day for a half liter of gas.

Now we all have to keep count tomorrow.
  • mistere627
    mistere627 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My beer farts will kill grown men. Got nothing on eggs though.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Eggs after beer is worse!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    P.S. There's way too much science in this thread about farts! Do I need to get the help of my 6-year old twins to put a farting conversation in proper context?!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about farts that smell like eggs, not farts caused by eggs. I'm surprisingly disappointed.

But we are: the farts caused by eggs are the farts that smell like eggs.
  • VeganChristy
    VeganChristy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    No, not really. But tofu... :#
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I've got nothing.
    rjyl4mlc4a69.gif

this, hahaha

• ktmarsden1
    ktmarsden1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have also recently integrated eggs back into my diet, and yes I do have a bit of an odor but not to the degree of broccoli.. I can make paint peel off the walls just a few hours after eating broccoli :#
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    My husband has this same problem to the extent that it can clear a room. I, thankfully, do NOT!
  • ovinas1
    ovinas1 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    The greatest thread question ever asked. Those are protein farts. The solution is to buy a dog and blame it.
  • ovinas1
    ovinas1 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    My husband has this same problem to the extent that it can clear a room. I, thankfully, do NOT!

:p:p:po:)
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just ride that stinky wave my friend. Its nature and not a lot you can do, but embrace it. I'm sure divorce papers have nearly been served by my husband over my awesome protein air biscuits, since I've started weightlifting. But that's the price he pays for me having abs!
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    ovinas1 wrote: »
    The greatest thread question ever asked. Those are protein farts. The solution is to buy a dog and blame it.
    very funny.

After I swim (which is not that often) on my walk home I get jet propelled by my gas, no other exercise gives me gas.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Chances are that the eggs aren't actually affecting frequency. Eggs can cause the gases produced in the gut to be more sulfuric, thus smellier.

Fun fact: vegetarians pass more gas (due to fiber) but those who eat more meat/dairy/eggs are more potent (due to increased sulfur content).

As a vegetarian? I can't say that I'm really a victim of this particular problem. I'll tell my family (who aren't veggie) that they're lucky.

• mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Embrace the windage!
    Experiment, learn better muscle control and you might be able to tap out some Morse Code or pop out a rhythm like a Kanye West song.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ovinas1 wrote: »

:p:p:po:)

laughssssssss!